Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Bessie: Happy Birthday!
    I hope everyone is well on their way to their goal (mod/abs). The first week is definitely the hardest. During the first 2 weeks, I had to really sweat out the cravings. Each time I resisted one, it reinforced that I could do wo/booze for that day. Sometimes it only took a few minutes of distraction. You all can do it if I could. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thanks to you all for your kind birthday greetings. Going out soon and having to make the decision to mod or go AF. I think I will mod. Then happily back to AF again tomorrow. I am really feeling very positive that I can have many more AF days ahead of me. I like seeing yellow squares in my drink tracker!

With love.

Bessie xx

Comment

Hi y'all,
        I am a newbie. I have had a wake up call. After getting loaded on champaigne New Years Eve, I fell and gave myself a black eye. I don't recall how but everytime I look in the mirror I am reminded of my stupidity. I have a beautiful little girl and a wonderful life to enjoy so I am trying to be the person I always thought I would be.

Wish me luck!

jojo

Comment

Good afternoon all, Happy Birthday Bessie. I agree, not to look at an evening of mods as a failure. I was able to mod this weekend for the first time in along while. However, would very much like to join miss october for an AF weekend sometime. Congratulations :goodjob: Hamlet, I too am back at the gym this year. they moved my classes later which is actually good. Eats up more of that evening habit time. Masq, did you watch any M*A*S*H last night ? Hawkeye was giving up drinking. I had seen it before, missed the first part so I don't remember the whole story but at the end of the episode after a very stressful day everyone sat down for a drink and offered him one, he paused for a moment and said, " I'd rather have on when I want one not when I need one." Something to think about for those of use who stress drink. Oh, and welcome to newbie JoJo

Comment

Happy Birthday Bessie!!!!
            Congratulations to those who are striving toward your goals, and for those struggling or just starting out....be patient with yourself...don't beat yourself up. This is a process and everything will eventually fall into place...just keep "sweeping" those thoughts or cravings out of your mind...it will get easier...Never thought I would be saying those words....but it does get easier day by day.
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Happy Birthday Bessie!
              Great job Miss October!!! That is fabulous!
              Hamlet-I want to quit smoking too, but I want to wait until I have this drinking crap under control first; I don't think I can give up all of my vices right away.
              JoJo-Welcome!!!!
              This morning I was really not looking forward to today. It was my first day back to work after 14 days AF. I stopped by the store and got a 6-pack of NA beer-thank God! I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. Thanks everyone for being here!!!
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Happy Birthday Bessie!
                WTG Miss October!!

I actually had an AF day yesterday, first one in forever. I can't believe how much this program and these boards has changed my behavior and attitude in what...2 weeks?

I had 2 beers at dinner out tonight with hubby, but stopping at 2 beers for me is unheard of.

While I'm not sure of what my long term goals are at this point in time, I'm just so thrilled at the changes I've made and those of you wonderful people here on the boards.

PS I quit smoking 6 years ago, I wouldn't recommend trying to do both at the same time. Seriously. I was a mod at ALA's FFS online program for quitting smoking for 2 years, PM me if you want. Don't want to discourage you, but you may be setting yourself up for failure if you tackle too much at once. JUST MY OPINION....
                Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

:welcome: JoJo! This is a wonderful, supportive site. Happy Birthday to Bessie too!
                  I am 5 days AF today and feeling better all the time. On the way home tonight I felt the urge for wine but poured myself a nice cold glass of cran-grape juice and was fine.
                  I just got the hypno tapes on Sat and listened to the clearing one last night. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to try the others.
                  Catch you all later,
                  Auntie
                  AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Oh and good for you Deena on your AF day and mods tonight!! It feels so much better than being hung over!!
                    AF since Jan. 25th, 2011 :thumbs

Comment

Working...
                    X