work trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

work trigger

Hello - I too am new here. I almost had 4 days AF and here I am again with a drink in my hand. I went back to work today after 3 days off. I totally know that work related stress is a huge trigger for me!!!!!! I am just wondering is there anyone else out there that has this problem? I did fine all weekend (well except for friday night) and was feeling really good until this afternoon. The stress starting getting to me and all I could think was I cant wait till I get home and can have a drink. Ugh - does this mean I need to change jobs????? Thats not such an easy thing to do - but it maybe something that needs to be done. I just need to know that I am not alone out there with this. I am not on any meds or supps or anything like that as I just recently found this site. Anyway thanks in advance for any advice or replies

poohbear

:sigh:
    when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

work trigger

Hi PoohBear, like your name. ! I'm also pretty new and also struggling. don't have many answers for you, but I do know about triggers!!! You are way ahead of me in AF .. I am just continuing to stop back here for inspiration. hopefully someone else might have more concrete advice.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

work trigger

Understand the triggers. I did great all weekend and then back to work. With a painful toothache not responding to meds, and a days work, that's all I needed to put me off track.
      I do think if I didn't have the pain I would have been ok. We shall see, but work, can be a definite trigger to get off track. YOu are not alone.
      WF

Comment

work trigger

thank u dex - i love poohbear so much so I finally got a tat of the big ole bear on my shldr. Anyway thanks for ur reply I guess we are all in the same boat - its hard and we struggle and its always so nice to know that there are others out there that understand and struggle as well - good luck to u as we all need it

sincerly,

poohbear
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

work trigger

Hey Pooh, work is stressful. I really think it would be more stressful to try and find a new job. I am just starting out AF too and I'm really focusing on one thing at a time. . . to stop drinking. After I make it to day 30 I will then add another change to my life (eat more fruits and vegetables, less potato chips, crackers). I will never give up dark chocolate!! Believe me, I know from experience, that any outside changes that you make like changing jobs, moving to a new location, etc. will not change your drinking. It is a change that comes from deep inside your soul. The fact that we are here is evidence that we are uncovering our buried selves. You never know, you may find your job less stressful when you get this part of your life under control. Keep checking in!
          sigpic

Comment

work trigger

Going off sick

Hi poohbear, :welcome: aboard.

You have come to the right place here. I've been of work 2days, and back today only because i come of the drink and could not face work. Not because my work is stressful.
            I do agree with Bellatday : you may be less stressful when you get this part of your life under control. Get the supp's and read the book. Just keep on posting and reading. The poelpe on my mwo are there for each other and will give you lots of support Day 2 for me and i know i will be struggling when the weekend comes. Your not alone.

Wishing you Good Luck.x
            Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Working...
            X