Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a loss

Yep, stay sober Lukalee.
    I have been both sides of the fence. I would rather be sober and worrying about the ins and outs of drinking, than drinking and worrying about the ins and outs of getting sober.
    You are doing great!!!
    x
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

At a loss

slightlysuze;253395 wrote: You are under loads of external pressure at the moment.....so Well Done on staying AF...... alcohol would only have made it worse, so you've done yourself proud

Things are never perfect.....I find it a hard lesson to learn, but there it is....at least when you're sober you can do your best to make things as good as they can be. Life can be great, but it can also be dull and tiresome.....being able to accept that and 'let it go' is one way to a more contented mind, I think.

Stay strong!

Suze x
      Very good advice, Suze.

Comment

At a loss

lukalee33;253452 wrote: Teardrop, I have started eating healthy. I plan on starting an exercise program on the 21st. I know I am making excuses to myself, but I want to be done with school first; trying to take baby steps. I am so used to going to McDonald's and grabbing quick, fatty food; giving up that has been almost as painful as giving up Mr. Miller Lite. I figure when I start exercising I can treat myself to a nice, greasy cheeseburger once a week. Oh how I dream of that cheeseburger. I lost four pounds this week, so I really should not complain, and I am still smoking, so at least I have one vice to hang onto for now, at least until I start exercising and my lungs wind up on the floor next to me.
        Haha! Funny because for half a second I thought about taking up smoking! Heehee! Just so I wouldn't dwell on drinking

Congrats on the weight loss.

Comment

At a loss

Good luck, Luka...

Comment

Working...
          X