Help with navigating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with navigating!

I need some help navigating this community site! And I have questions that I have been searching the threads but just get OVERWHELMED and shut it down!! I've been looking for something for new users to learn the acronyms. I've figured out AB - but what is AF?
    I've read the info at the first section of this community - but still feel confused! (I've been "ab" for 10 days now - and that's a huge part of my brain fog - plus I'm 6 weeks into quitting smoking - nicotine patches) SO I'M really in fragile shape! IKES

I have a question about the sublim and sleep tapes and don't know where to find the answer on the threads - Can I load them on my MP3 player? I can't listen to them at work, and my husband doesn't like the sound of the running water playing at night - so wanted to put them on my mini i-pod (easier than sleeping with a CD player, plus easier to carry in my pocket at work!!) I appreciate anyone who can help me here!! Thanks so
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Help with navigating!

Hi Living! have not gotten the CDs so don't know answer to that question: but a few of the acronyms:
    AF- alcohol free
    ODAT- one day at a time
    sometimes people refer to acohol as "Al"
    The site just takes a little getting used to ...
    best to you .. keep posting!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Help with navigating!

hi there and welcome..you can load the cds onto you MP# by mthem into i tunes or whatever music system you use on your computer....hope this helps with the acronyms
      AF is alcohol free.
      Mods - is for folks that are moderating
      Newbies- is what new folks are called
      Senior member is a title you get when you have been here for a while with a lot of posts
      Abs - are abstainers
      ODAT- one day at a time
      RJ is Roberta Jewell who wrote the book and designed the program
      ASAP is as soon as possible
      PM is a private message
      Topa - is topamax
      I'm sure there are more....
      Hope this helps..would be happy to answer anything else- and again welcome! Blessings Buckle

Comment

Help with navigating!

Hi there Living,
        Yeah the site is getting bigger and bigger and gets a bit overwhelming, so just look at a couple of things each episode you come on until you get the feel of things. I can't for example get into chat now though I used to be able to . Very frustrating.
        Also people tend to put up several threads a day in different sections so it tends to clog things up, and send other people's threads to the bottom of the page or off the page before people from different parts have logged on. So I live in Australia and miss out on a fair bit of stuff as it's been and gone while I'm catching up on my zzzzz's. And that person who needs assistance gets shoved off the screen.
        You'll get used to the terminology, and if there's something you don't understand, just ask.
        6 weeks not smoking, that's terrific! You should be over the worst of it by now. I remember when I stopped smoking.....snappy as a bear for 2 months. Just beware of substituting food (and alcohol) for nicotine. I put on heaps after I stopped .
        MP3 I am a techno dinosaur but why not put cd on computer then tfr to your ipod? Or go get a walkman. I fortunately have my personal cd player all of 7 years old (see how fast technology is changing) and used that in bed and didn't find it uncomfortable.. Hope this helps.

Comment

Help with navigating!

Hugs

Thank you all for replying! I felt like someone peering onto a stage full of people when I first tried to look around these forums - I feel better already! I have a follow up on the Hypno CDs to MP3's - It worked - and I followed it up with an email to the company and he said the messages would not be compromised ... so for anyone else who wants to download them onto your MP3 - it works without distorting the subliminal messages as long as it's digital. Thanks everyone! I'm AF ODAT and haven't started the Topa yet, and I love RT for making this possible for us! Hugs to all!: thanks:
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Help with navigating!

Hey Living ....

You're looking Good! See, it gets easier all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X