Hi guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys

Just second AF day for me. Didn't get much sleep last night, and work seemed awful. Everyone seemed to get on my nerves though am sure that is just the withdrawal.

Also I saw a friend of mine who I had been very abusive to when drunk 3 days ago and she made a point of completely blanking me.I felt so ashamed that I wanted to die. By about 4pm all I wanted to do was get drunk and was tempted to ask a regular drinking buddy of mine to go for a beer. Luckily I didn't as I know it would of ended in more drunkeness, abuse and shameful behaviour but I was sooo tempted.

Am back at home now as is friday evening in the UK and have been feeling really down and isolated but reading all your experiences has really been helping me and am starting to feel better so thank you.

Hi guys

WELL DONE OFTR, I am day 8 today. So far so good. Day 5 was worse by far..ready to rip someones head off. Struggled today too but determined NOT to give in. Come on... do it with me X
    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Hi guys

Hi Onefortheroad,

Friday nights are tough at first, but you'll feel so much better tomorrow without a hangover. It's supposed to be sunny in London tomorrow too

Hang in there! Things will get better.

:welcome:
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Hi guys

Marshy, the thought of some sunshine tomorrow is a tonic. About time too. Am fed up with this rain that's for sure. Hope you are right about fridays as this is a nightmare!!!

Sk8 girl day 8 is brilliant you must be really proud I hope I can show some of your determination. Doing it with you sounds like a great idea!!!

Comment

Hi guys

By the way, the not being able to sleep thing is very common and many people here recommend melatonin. It's not available to buy in the UK but I got mine from WELCOME TO AGESTOP. It's shipped from the States but arrives very quickly.

Getting a decent night's sleep makes a big difference to staying positive!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
          X