Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious: Friday night...who is AF or Moderating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are drinking, and don't plan on moderating, can you switch gears and moderate?
    This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Hi read your message but not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?

Comment

Hi Gumby,

1) Wondering who on the site is AF and/or moderating tonight.

2) Curious if you are drinking and not planning on moderating, could you "decide" to moderate?

Does that make more sense?

Comment

I'm here and AF-ing---looking forward to Day 11 tomorrow. I had a nasty bike crash this afternoon and am still shaky, thinking that if I'd pitched off to the right instead of the left I'd have landed in busy traffic and been really hurt or even killed. So would I love a glass of wine right now? Oh, yes, I would! Am I going to have one? No! Not a chance. Hot peppermint tea and early bed...ice pack on busted knee...(inviting ooohs and aaahs of pity here)...
        Jane Jane

Comment

awwww...hope you feel better

Comment

Hope you feel better Jane Jane

Bike crash sounds nasty. Hope all heals well.

Comment

Congratulations on DAY 11!!! Sorry to hear about your wreck (just read it). Glad you are okay, sounds like a very close call you had! I know you are shaky, very proud of you for not drinking!!!! Thumbs up! Do you have a headache?

Comment

OHHHHHH! That is bad. Sorry to hear that.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Yikes, Jane Jane! Glad you didn't opt for the wine... nicely done on day 11, my friend!

I am definately AF..

MM
                  Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Jane Jane,
                    So happy to hear that you are OK after your accident. It must have been very frightening. Congratulations on Day 11!!!

MM, glad to hear that you are "definitely" AF!!

Hi Hope, I will weigh in on your Friday night poll. I am home and happy to be on day 20 AF! Saturday is going to be a great day!

Best to All,
                    KateH
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

looking for hope, I am moderating, I have had 2 beers a night for the last 3 weeks or so, give or take a night AF, I feel so much better. I loved to drink wine....that was my weakness...something has happened? I don't want any, very weird, I am talking at least 15 years of drinking wine. I think that if I had a few glasses next thing ya know I would drink the bottle...but I would be deathly ill. That is what has happened the last few times I drank wine. I vomitted a few days before christmas after drinking wine, that was a first. Then christmas day a friend came by with wine for a gift, that was the last time and I can walk by it in the grocery store and I don't want it. I can't explain it by I am thankful. I am still not completely comfortable with NO ALCOHOL thought process, but I have been completely sober and I FEEL GREAT! So for me moderating is easy right now, and I repeat right now. Maybe because I was so sick the last few times I drank wine that I would really have to be stupid to induce the flu, I hate praying to the porcelain god...the worst. Anyway I can say I am moderating but my ultimate goal is AF for an extended period of time.

Comment

Good going, Gumby! This could really be the time that works for you! Great feeling, isn't it? 'Night all on this thread, and happy dreams...
                        Jane Jane

Comment

You too Jane and way to go Gumby.

Comment

Gumby...your doing great! It's not about alcohol or no alcohol, its about not getting drunk. I hate wine, but quite honestly, I do not think I could have a bottle instead of the beer and not drink it all, I would still drink it and want more.

I hope you didnt misunderstand me. When I asked about who is "not" moderating, if they could stop. I kinda double posted in one post, the reason I asked that is, if and when I was in the middle of drinking, when someone asked me to stop or slow down I would cringe or if drunk enough get mad.

Everyone has to what is best for them, and you are doing awesome!!

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Great thread, I couldn't resist and just needed to add my excitement of being 9 days of being AF and I agree KateH, Saturday will be an awesome day. I decided to go AF because the moderating thing wasn't working for me, it was time, got tired of being sick and tired. Like I told my friends, maybe someday but DEFINITELY not today or the next day or the next day, etc. Congrats Jane Jane on not drinking the wine and sorry to hear about you bike accident, stay strong! Gumby, good for you having the willpower to know when to stop, just remember to be careful though.

Best of luck to all of us the AF's and the MOD's : )

Big hugs,
                              Janet
                              AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X