Roberta's program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roberta's program

Hi Raven. You do sound ready to stop the insanity, and this is such a safe place to visit for support. I have not read the book, do none of the supplements or meds, don't go to AA (went to ONE last summer and whooooo boy, never again!) I just decided to get a grip and QUIT for once and all. No therapy. No whining. No "I just caaaaan't stop" hooey. I can, and you can. Maybe some of the aids will work their magic for you; everyone's different. For me, the support of my husband and the friends here at MWO suffice as daily inspiration and motivation.
    Jane Jane

Comment

Roberta's program

Raven,
      No, I do not attend any meetings for alcohol. A while back I tried AA, but it was not for me. I simply do not believe in what they teach. It was way too negative....in fact, I always felt like a drink or 10 after a meeting!

But, there are some here that have done well will AA. It is an individual choice.

Take Care and Good Luck!!
      KateH
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Roberta's program

Ravengirl, If you keep reading on this site you'll see that some people follow everything about the program, some follow only part of it, some just participate in the posts and chat, and some just read. I read the book, take a multi-vitamin, take B-Complex, and come to this site every day. You have to find what works for you, but I think the general consensus is that the people on this site make the most difference. Join us....often!

Comment

Roberta's program

the program

Hi Raven,

I came across a link to this site when I googled alcohol dependency, and started reading through the research and ordered the book immediately!! Just could not wait to get it. I collected all the stuff, vitamins and supps, calms forte, aminos, I learned alot about what my body must have been missing with all the drinking. I was drinking wine daily for about 12 years, with hardly a day without. Now I have 3 - 4 af days pretty regularly. I ordered the topamax but it took so long to get here, and was expensive. I did not want to go to a doctor and say hey I have a drinking problem. Thought about asking about migraines but when the topa arrived, I took one dose, felt wierd, I'm just not a med girl. Really careful what I put in my body, lol, besides the wine! I am way better than I was! And hoping to improve even more because I love feeling good. :h
          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Roberta's program

Roberta's program

Wow!! You guys are just awewsome! Thank U soooo much!!

I have a really hard time with weekends...more so than during the week, even though I've begun drinking at work over the last few months.

Yes, I am ready to quit. As a cancer survivor, I know that alcohol is not good for me AT ALL. Not to mention the fact that when I'm drinking, cigarettes look good to me again. Can you believe it? After having quit for 7 years, when I drink I still want to run out and buy a pack? That's how insane my life has become. Ten beers in one day? I must be out of my mind!!

The lifeline is this group here. Thank you for listening.

I want to get better. Thank you Roberta for this community...and for the book I am so anxious to read!

RG

Comment

Roberta's program

Hello Raven

First of all, I can guarantee you that no one is trying to make any money off of you here - just trying to help you. We are not one of "those" kind of websites. I have been here for almost a year and am successfully AF.

I tried AA for a while but totally hated it. This program is the best by far. I do the whole program - I have the book and have read it many times, I take most of the supplements, I have even started taking topamax which I find works like a miracle for me. I visit this site every day and go on chat when I can. The people here are my lifeline to sobriety and to sanity.

This site is a place where you can get well, find yourself again, have some fun, and help others. It is a great place. Please stick around.
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Roberta's program

Hi Raven, and welcome :welcome:

I was just reading your thread and all the replies to it. I noticed that you posted at 5:40 pm tonight and you had mentioned that you were "suspicious" about this site. In just under two hours your post at 7:46 pm just thanked "Roberta" for this community. That's the beauty of "My Way Out" website. It's the people....they are caring, inspirational, have so much insight, non-judgmental, and many times humourus and very funny.
                These people are just like you and me, wanting to get control of their drinking. Whether it is just reading and posting, or taking the supps, or following the entire program. You will find what best works for you. Good luck to you !
                Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Roberta's program

Aloha Raven, I too am a skeptic. I also don't have extra money to spend. I don't know how I thought I could spend it on wine and beer every day but that is what it can do to you. So I splurged and bought the book. I don't think I 'm a hypnosis type of person. I also don't want to spend money on the supplements, but I am thinking that I should take something for nutrition. I am walking an hour every day in my old t-shirts and tenneys. See how cheap I am? But part of this is changing routines and so I walk when I used to have a "cocktail'. (Sounds more sophisticaed than "beer") Hah. The best part of this program is right here. The discussion boards are amazingingly supportive, understanding, and helpful. Welcome and Stick around!
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X