Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY GOAL - A whole day in the making.

Croft,
    Good job on setting a goal! write it on sticky notes and post it on the fridge, the mirrors, the range hood, the TV remote...keep it in front of you at all times.
    I'd joion you on the run, but the doctor says right now only walk, and not too fast.
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

only walk?! I hope you are ok. If you are a runner then you understand the frustration of healing. I guess that sorta applie to the whole drinking thing as well.

It is 10:45 a.m. here. Trying to make it noon.

Comment

Croft.... my husband is normally home on the weekends, but will occasionally work on Saturdays. Our two boys have music lessons at 11:30 am, and the old me used to take them to music lessons, then go to the local sports bar for lunch.... "Bloody Mary, Please!" While the boys would think it's really cool bonding time to do lessons and lunch, I figured the Bloody Mary was my reward for sitting there for a half hour (logical, I know).

The hardest part of the whole week for me was that Saturday, knowing that the boys expected to go out to lunch~ I mean, it could be McDonalds as far as they care, but I wanted the other place. What made it harder was that my husband wasn't there with me, but I managed to stay away from the sports bar on that weekend. When he got home from work, I gave him a big hug and asked him to please not work next Saturday, because my auto-cruise was aimed right towards O'Tooles.... and even though his boss asked him to, he stayed close to my side the next weekend. :l

So.... Miss Croft, if you can, try to be White On Rice
        this weekend with your hubby. If he's out shoveling, go out and help.... if you don't want to help, then just build a snowfort, complete with a snowball arsenal, and ambush him when he's done! :surrender:

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

yea you can do it croht.
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Croft how are you doing???

I've been out all day but have been thinking about you ..........

BB xx
            sigpicXXX

Comment

Good for you croft. You have he right attitude and will make it. Never give up. You can overcome this and you are worth the work.

Now I need to make me some tea. sheesh

bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

I was unable to get the to computer Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. I am starting to feel an addiction to this website.

I did great on Saturday, the first day of my goal. But Sunday wsa a disaster and now it is Monday and I feel the need to start over.

I love all the posts and kind words. I wish I had more time to keep up with all the messaging here. It is so posiitive and wonderful.

Comment

Croft you did great on saturday, well done for that!!!!!

Baby steps work well ....... keep trying .....
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Be proud of your Saturday, think about what you did that helped you succeed and repeat it today. Sunday wasn't so hot, but don't beat yourself up over it...just keep on keeping on! Each AF day I get I learn something new, the trick for me is to apply it on a more regular basis. We can do this!
                    Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

I am thinking hard about why I was successful on Saturday and not on Sunday. Thanks for that feedback. I really do love this site.

I think the chemicals in my body are willing to go a day without too much complaint, but 2 days in a row?! "WHOA, there Croft.......go get us the magic juice! NOW!"

Comment

Working...
                      X