Not Say'n Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Say'n Much

I plan to visit and read what I can here. In the meantime, I'd like to introduce myself. I obviously drink too much or I would'nt be here. I am female, 46 and again drink too much.
    I see my doctor tomorrow.....going to ask him about naltrexone. I used that drug 28 years ago and it worked then. Hope its covered under my drug plan. I went off it then cause it was too expensive.
    I'll be back tomorrow,hopefully with good news.
    Once I get comfortable and familar with the site I'll post more. Until then

Not Say'n Much

Hi Chefs & welcome. I drink too much too and I bet for longer than you have. I'm waiting for my book and CDs and kudzu to arrive. I'm hoping that and supplements will permit me to be free without drugs. I have never told anyone that could possibly write in a chart about my alcohol abuse. Stupid maybe, but I saw my medical chart one time and I saw that everything single little thing was in it. Even my drunken faxes.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Chefs- welcome! You don't have to say much, but if you have time, have a look around. You'll start reading many posts and wonder, did I write that?
      You aren't alone on this journey. :heart:

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Welcome Chefs! you will find help and friends here.
        Green eyes, I too never tell a Med Prof. about drinking problem. I have a deep fear that disclosure will be a red flag for all sorts of issues, not just medical, but social, personal etc.

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Fresh, it's a privacy thing for me. That and I like to pretend nobody knows. But also that I know medical records can and will be requested if you have a change in insurance, or say you are in need of litigation from an auto accident. I've never said a word, except here. What a relief this place is.
          sigpic

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Chefs, welcome. I'm glad you decided to join our little community.

You will receive lots of hope, inspiration and encouragement here. Post when you want. Nothing is off limits if you feel the need to "chat". I'm sure you have more to say than you think. You will when you are ready.

Good luck, not only at the drs, but on your new mission of sobriety as well. We are here for you.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Chefs, welcome and good luck tomorrow at the drs. Look forward to hearing the outcome and if the naltrexone is prescribed. Will look for your post tomorrow.

Greeneyes, welcome and like you I am afraid to say anything to my dr. because of privacy issues. My dr is wonderful but it is the insurance company that I have issues with. I did order the topamax from River Pharmacy.

Cuckoo

Comment

Not Say'n Much

That's what I will do if necessary. I'm waiting to receive my book and CDs and Kudzu first, though. I don't want to take meds unless I have to. Guess we'll see.
                sigpic

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Did it work for you? How about the side effects?
                  sigpic

Comment

Not Say'n Much

I haven't seen any side effects but I have only dosed up to 100 mg/day and yes it really does seem to help with the cravings. Hopefully I can start dosing down once I get 3 months AF in.

Cucks

Comment

Not Say'n Much

naltrexone wad prescibed....... Doc gave me 2mths wortrh wan'ts to see me after that.
                      I'll post again tomorow

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Chefs - will you be using just the Nalt? Or are you taking any of the suggested supps and vitamins?

Good luck!! I hope everything works out for you.

Love, Me
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Not Say'n Much

Chefs, welcome! and as for "not posting much" I started out that way and now I think maybe I talk too much! This site is very helpful...check it all out! Great people, great support...
                          Good luck on your journey!
                          BHOG
                          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Not Say'n Much

The naltexone is work'n.I was prescribed 50mg a day. I take 1 when I get home from work, which is just after 4pm . I started them last Monday. This is the 1st weekend in over 9yrs that I haven't drank. Hubby had 6 beers left last Tuesday, he finished them while I was home. I didn't have the smallest urge to have 1. He won't be drink'n either just for support. Had to get rid of the 6 though lol. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 2... I have to say unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! I still have no urges, even when I see alcohol commercials,believe me thats saying alot. Side effects for me are only that for the 1st hour after taking them I'm a bit tired, but that goes away, thats why I take them after work

Comment

Not Say'n Much

chefs, welcome!! I am really happy for you that the naltrexone is working for you. It sounds really great, like there are no side effects, but I will research it and see if there are. I am the original scaredy cat, but of course drinking too much wine is not concerning me like it should, lol.

To be able to say, I have no cravings, even when others are drinking around me, would be a miracle, to say the least.
                              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X