AF to the end of the month show ....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BESSIE, am in for sure why on earth should i be left behind, am 35 days but every day is a new day anyway

Comment

Maasai, in your avatar, your arm is raised in success.

35 days is an incredible accomplishment! Good for you, keep it up. You are such a leader and some one who inspires!

Comment

The start of the final 4 days!! Just 4 piddly little days!! Feeling very positive about achieving these. Hope those of you that started with us are still here. If you're not it really doesn't matter. Just hope you are where you are happy to be.

Big struggles over the weekend - especially as I didn't have much access to the PC and couldn't log on here! But I did stay AF, though I did get tired and grumpy. Now I am home alone for a few days and those nights can be the worst. I have already decided, based on what I have learnt about myself and my drinking habits since coming here, that my future plan needs to include a strictly no drinking alone clause!! Drinking socially I already have a far better handle on. And drinking with hubby now is much more manageable as we are both trying hard to cut back and drink sensibly. It's just those evenings in, especially on a long winter night after a busy/stressful day. Those are my danger spots. So, after this AF stint I am going to put myself together a scheme that allows drinking but also ensures that there are plenty of AF days built in and the no drinking alone rule.

For now - working towards our 11 day total to the end of the month. Let's get there!!

Bessiexx

Comment

And Welcome to Masai too - yep, 35 days is awesome. Don't mind you being late joining our show!!! Stay with us to the end and sounds like you'll go way beyond that too!!

B xx

Comment

Still sober, but not counting.

Comment

Hi everyone

I'm with you Bessie about the drinking alone. That's where I got into the most trouble. No problem socially and even with hubby, although at times opened that second bottle of wine and should'nt have!!

My hubby is away this week too but as I was just saying on ODAT, I find it easier as there is no wine in the house. Day 28 for me so am very pleased to nearly have another 30 under my belt.

Rustop

Comment

Rustop and Bessie - I am the same - drinking alone is the problem - I can do fine socially but alone is when I down the bottles..........

Bessie, why not grab a bottle of AF wine just to have just in case? That's what I did and thank god I had it for last Thursday when I had that emotional day. I just keep it for "emergencies" and then I have a choice.

DAY 8 - 4 more to go - we can do this!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Good morning Bessie and Rustop, I 2nd or rather 3rd that rule, no drinking at home alone. My husband has been out of town as well since last Thurs. and I had a few this weekend but not my usual. Poured one last night and did'nt finish it . I'm sincerely want to learn to moderate and this has been very helpful to ride along with you. Have a great 4 days and rest of the week !

Comment

Good Morning,

So glad to see everyone doing so good and keeping with their goals as best as possible. I had wine on Fri. & Sat. and really did not enjoy it. I think my love of wine is starting to take a turn for the best. I really like being AF. OK only 4 days left of January.....but's who's counting anyway
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Universal, I have not tried AF wine, are any better that others ? I have had AF sparkling wine and too sweet for me.

Comment

"Wherever we are, it's our friends who make our world." - Henry Drummond

Happy Monday to my cyber MWO friends wherever you are in this world today! It doesn't matter if you were AF all weekend, Mod, or all out drinking .... today is Monday and it's a great day to RIDE THROUGH THE WEEK AF !!!! I love ya'll and am proud of each of you! I made it through the weekend AF - Just thinking about all of you helped me.

Great introspection from Uni on not drinking alone, I'm in need of that rule if I ever decide I can go MOD. Bessie: never forget that our little struggles become our biggest successes when we are "learning" how to live this life. Your a WINNER! NHHHL your words are so encouraging, Pooh - can't wait to see your posts as you have a whole 4 days to whoop AL's butt this week! Kat20 & Miss O - That's success - don't discount it!!! Suki, Paula & rustop - can't wait to see your posts this week as were riding hard to end January together! db2, Bettelove, Charlee -- Wheeeeeee - ride on with us! Everyone else - lets saddle up and let the show finish with great reviews!! Standing O for everyone!

hugs from livin :l
                        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I'm not sure what the brand is called - it's a AF cab sauv - it's a little grapier than real wine but it still does the trick - I'm not sure what is in the States though as I'm in Canada.........
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

AF wine

Universal - why ever I didn't do that before I don't know. I think because the last time I tried it, it was rubbish. And because I couldn't ever really see the point. Like I don't do decaffeinated coffee or butter free butter. But now I think, reading your post, that it might well be another useful tool.... I'm going to Google it now. If any one in the UK has any recommendations, I'd be grateful!

:thanks:

I may even do a taste test and report back!

Bessiexx (who is a bit fed up cos she is not going hunting tomorrow .... just tooooo much to do .... s)

Comment

wonderworld;259402 wrote:
                              YOU'RE A STUPID PIECE OF S#&% AL !!!!!

F*%& OFF !!!!!!

:moon: :moon: :moon:

for lukalee and all the warriors :h xox
                              I especially like the 3 little bottoms swinging back and forth. For some reason this makes me not want to drink. Interesting watching my mind at work.

Comment

Day 9 for me guys! Hope everyone else is still with Bessie and I on this ride! ODAT, we can do this, only 2 days left after today!

Comment

Working...
                                X