My mean-it voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mean-it voice

When my daughter was young she loved to be tickled. Up to a certain point anyway. When her dad would tickle her and she wanted him to stop she would tell him that she was about to speak in her "mean-it" voice. She was giggling so much that she could not get her voice to change into a tone that indicated that she really did want him to stop this time. "Dad, this is my mean-it voice, giggle, giggle. Stop!". That is when he knew to stop.

For the last 5 days I have been saying that I want to stop drinking. But I don't think my body is hearing me since I am still drinking. I need to find my "mean-it" voice despite all the demands that my head is making.

I want a drink so bad right now. I wish I could mean it when I say that I don't.

My mean-it voice

Croft, I know exactly what you're saying, also looking for my "mean-it" voice .. why is this so hard?
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

My mean-it voice

Becasue your old buddy AL has a much deeper, stronger, louder voice...you have been listening to him for so long, he thinks he controls you. So, you need to practice what I call "teen-age attention," or "selective listening. " AL, I can hear you...but I am not paying attention to you.
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

My mean-it voice

I wish I knew why it was so hard. I guess because it is like any other addiction. Your body starts getting used to it and then when you deny your body gets annoyed and demands the stuff it is used to having. I wish I were stronger, but I really think that I need those drugs.

Comment

My mean-it voice

Croft,
          By all means, if you think the drugs will help you, go find an MD you turst and get started on them. Don't let buddy AL run your life for you. You have way too much to do in positive manners! If I had known a couple of years back the drugs were out there, I would have been on them.
          BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

My mean-it voice

I know what you are saying. It is hard to describe, but it is so hard because you are fighting with yourself. I know when I am fighting with with someone else, I am fighting to win. (Bitch) But when you are fighting with yourself, you know a part of you has to lose. Although it is the part of you that needs to lose, we still feel like we are still losing in some way.
            I should be able to have a drink if I want to. It's my life, I do what I want. Shut up stupid beast before I flick you in the eye.
            Goal 1: Today
            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

My mean-it voice

Croft..............gads do I ever know what you are talking about. I need to find my "i mean-it" voice also.

I know I have to quit...for good....I know nothing positive comes from picking up that drink. Yet again and again I have.

Try the selective listening bhog suggested...yep...I hear you AL, but this minute, this hour, TODAY, I am ignoring you YOU MOTHERF&*^%ING A$$HOLE.
              Yikes!!

How's that for repressed anger

hang in there Croft, and keep posting,
              much love and support,
              K
              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

My mean-it voice

Croft...

I don't know if this will help or not. I was so sick of the hangovers after every weekend. I decided to make a list of the pros and cons of my drinking. I was surprised that the list for cons was longer than the pros. I seemed to find a good reason everytime I wanted one so I didn't expect that outcome.

I also was so tired of being sick it would take me two days to recover from my hangover. I also had a lot of problems with my family as well. The only reason why I went AF is because I wanted it not because I had to.

If you need meds go for it whatever it takes to help you to get AF. I ordered the supps and they work really well.

All the best Croft. I have been where you are, but it does get easier.:l

Jacy

Comment

My mean-it voice

bald headed old guy;259276 wrote: Croft,
                  By all means, if you think the drugs will help you, go find an MD you turst and get started on them. Don't let buddy AL run your life for you. You have way too much to do in positive manners! If I had known a couple of years back the drugs were out there, I would have been on them.
                  BHOG
                  They are ordered. Just waiting for the post-man.

Comment

My mean-it voice

lukalee33;259278 wrote: I know what you are saying. It is hard to describe, but it is so hard because you are fighting with yourself. I know when I am fighting with with someone else, I am fighting to win. (Bitch) But when you are fighting with yourself, you know a part of you has to lose. Although it is the part of you that needs to lose, we still feel like we are still losing in some way.
                    I should be able to have a drink if I want to. It's my life, I do what I want. Shut up stupid beast before I flick you in the eye.
                    "Flick, flick"

Comment

My mean-it voice

I still cannot get over how wonderful this site is. See new thread.

Comment

My mean-it voice

Cant find a new thread, or am I just too quick???
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

My mean-it voice

betty boop;259343 wrote: Cant find a new thread, or am I just too quick???
                          Too quick. I was just finishing it up.

Comment

My mean-it voice

hi there croft . i have been reading. alot fo your posts and you sound like a very smart person and you know your body. so just be careful. for me it was cold turkey and it hurt like hell . even more then when i quit doing drugs 7 1/2 years ago i guess you can say that when started drinking even more. but who knew . taking one for the other. it happen and am here now . living proof . taking one drug to get off another i dont know . just think about your body.... lets just say going thur hell and suriving make for a better person....but thats just me.. good luck and let me know how it works
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

My mean-it voice

I hear you on the drug front. My husband is freaking out about me going on Topomac. But I just need some help. And thoughtful words, while much appreciated, are not enough. I need the craving to go away long enough that I am not so desperate everyday for a drink that I cannot get to work without stopping at the liquor store. I just have not been successful all by myself. And the more I try to avoid it the more I want it. I think I am craving it more now since my body is worried about not having it for a while once the drugs come. Sorta like Mardi-gra - Hurry, hurry, indulge before lent arrives.

Comment

Working...
                              X