Pretty Bottles, Lovely Bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can?t they put the stuff in a milk carton for goodness sake? Some of us are struggling.

And put "missing : greeneyes" on it
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Our u missing your eyes? :eeks:

Comment

Croft
        Its the wine glasses for me. I can't flip through a magazine and see an innocent glass of wine sitting on a table without picturing my greedy little hands around it. I can't even go into Crate and Barrel and walk down the glass aisle without thinking about what bottle I'm going to crack open later. Right now I do miss it. I would love a glass of Chardonney in one of my expensive wine glasses, but I remind myself of the times my kids have said to me "Mom, why are you acting so weird?" Or, "Mom what's wrong with you?" Or even worse...telling me about something I did the night before that I couldn't remember at all. I kept trying to quit, to cut down etc... but the wine glasses kept calling. I think its definitely a practicing thing. You keep practicing and you keep getting better and maybe you'll never be perfect but you have to appreciate the progress no matter how small and especially appreciate the fact that every day you're making an effort (pardon the run on sentence!!). When you're ready, everything will come together. You will do this thing...you will just take it at your own pace. I'm only at Day 9, but that's the longest I've ever gone...so the practicing is helping. I love reading your posts and I hope you realize what a great job you are doing!!
        -True
        It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
        It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

OMG Croftie, you are hilarious!!!! :H :H You need to write copy for magazines!!! And yes, True, I love glasses, I lust after stuff at Crate and Barrel!!! I was actually thinking of rewarding myself with some new glassware if I can manage some real AF time. Yes, the whole alcohol/advertising thing .. they try to be very sensual and really draw you into lust for their product.
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Very funny and insightful post. In college we used to save the empties when they were "pretty" and decorate the apartment with them as if they were some sort of trophy. Sometimes the were elegant enough to use as a flower vase. And I too covet my crystal Tiffany wine/coctail glasses. We need to get that excited about our water bottles.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Hey Croft, How true, how true. I love liquor bottles! The frosted glass bottles, the etched bottles, the hand-painted labels.... I could go on. I am so happy you are cutting down, and the fact that your "drinking behavior" is changing really shows progress! Be proud of that!

I would have to agree with whoever said you should write copy for magazines! Whenever I read your posts, I feel such emotion. You are wonderful! I saw your post earlier about getting coffee sometime, and I would like that... I'm still feeling timid, but let's plan on doing that in the future...

I hope you had a great day today! We'll be in touch.
              sigpic

Comment

down2earth;263531 wrote: Hey Croft, How true, how true. I love liquor bottles! The frosted glass bottles, the etched bottles, the hand-painted labels.... I could go on. I am so happy you are cutting down, and the fact that your "drinking behavior" is changing really shows progress! Be proud of that!

I would have to agree with whoever said you should write copy for magazines! Whenever I read your posts, I feel such emotion. You are wonderful! I saw your post earlier about getting coffee sometime, and I would like that... I'm still feeling timid, but let's plan on doing that in the future...

I hope you had a great day today! We'll be in touch.
                I am feeling timid too, but if you are game, then I will be a brave little soldier.

Comment

All the paraphrenalia

What a thread - it is so true. Before we made a major cross country move a few years ago I told my DH I wanted to get rid of all the glasses (not the wedding crystal but everything else). All those fancy $60 a step riedels of all the appropriate shapes for drinking each wine, all the interesting brandy snifters and martini glasses, shot glasses, and on and on. It looks so pretty sitting in the dining room - and is such a reminder that alcohol is important. We didn't get rid of any of it and I wonder if that would have helped.

I was cleaning my kitchen the other day (with that new-found energy and nesting instinct) and realized I had an entire drawer dedicated to openers and re-corking (as if we ever used those) and beer bottle opener and foil cutters. A whole drawer! sheesh.

I think being here is the best thing you can do for yourself - it makes you realize you're not alone in the things you've done, the problems you have, the way you feel. And it also shows you that others have overcome and we can too. I could have talked to my husband or my mom or sister until I was blue in the face and although they all love me, none would have been able to make me feel as "ok" with who I am in this struggle as you all do. Unless you've been there, you just can't know. Thanks for all of you!
                  Member since January 2008
                  AF since August 25, 2008

Comment

Panic at the Drive-Thru

I live in a fairly, large community so there are quite a few liquor stores to choose from. For some reason most of the liquor stores are owned by people from Asia. I am not sure why, but I have also noticed that there are two types of people from Asia that own these liquor stores. I can, of course categorize these types as I have visited each store on several occasions.

The first type is the liquor storeowner who talks on the phone non-stop in their native language to the liquor storeowner down the street. When you bring your adult beverage of choice to the counter to make your purchase they become extremely agitated. Now they are going to have to interrupt their phone call to use the cash register and take your hard-earned money. God forbid you ask for a bag, which I always do.

The second type is the type I like best. They are so friendly and seem so excited that you have chosen their establishment to purchase your adult beverage of choice that they give you a bag even though you did not ask. They notice what you have chosen and note other selections in the store that you might enjoy next time. They ask you if you are enjoying your day and they seem to really enjoy the time that you have spent in their store. They tell you to, "please come back soon", and I do.

On my way to work on my mural tonight, I chose to go to one of my favorite drive thru liquor stores. I have not been to a liquor store in probably about 7 days now. I pull my only 20-dollar bill out as I pull in and the window goes up. "A six-pack of Two-Below, please", from the window, "Hello there, it has been a long time, how are you?" Oh crap. He remembers me and wants to know how I am. I hand him the twenty and say, "fine" and he heads off to get the beer. I have been having many side effects one of which is the panic attack, so I decide to have a panic attack NOW. I put it into first and drive off.

First the bad news: I am out twenty bucks.
                    Next the good news: I did not buy the beer and I can no longer go to that liquor store.

I do not know what happened. I just, well, panicked. For some reason it freaked me out that someone knew that it had been a while and that made me think that he knew I really should not be buying a six-pack.

The worst news: I drove to my friend's house; where the mural is. She had plenty of beer that she was more than willing to share while she hung out and chatted and I painted. I HAVE TO FINISH THAT MURAL. Right now, it is my biggest downfall.

Comment

Working...
                    X