Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching them come across the finish line.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been reading all the threads that started in January on staying AF for the month, or 30 days. I feel like I am at the Olympics right now! All the runners are coming down the line. I am standing on the side of the track in a crowd of cheering fans, yelling, "GO, GO, COME ON, YOU CAN DO IT!" My voice is hoarse, but I continue to yell anyway.

I know you all have today to get through yet, but I want you to know that watching you all come across that finish line is going to be very exciting!!!! I can't express enough how motivating it is. I want to be one of you in February.

hi there.. croft.good for you . you can do it .i have fathin you.believe in yourself and you will do it good luck and have a great day. and you sound great today
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I was at the starting gate, but I tripped on my shoelaces and fell down
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

dexterhead - don't worry, you can try again. you should get some of those shoes with the velcro.

Comment

Dexterhead...that's funny! I also like Croft's suggestion of Velcro shoes!

The vision of you tripping over your laces left me envisioning myself taking off from the starting gate and spilling my drink. I guess it's a good analysis - you just can't cross this finish line with a drink in your hand! ha ha

Betsy

Comment

Yes, I was trying to start a marathon with a bloody Mary in my hand ... not the best method !

Comment

SoCal - "spilling your drink at the starting gate" lol
              That reminds me of when I recommended to dexterhead that she dance like her cat whenever she felt compelled to drink. That way she would spill her drink all over the place. Not sure she took my advice.

Comment

sadly, i didn't, although i spill everything anyway, drunk or sober ..

Comment

spilled drinks !! bring back thoughts !! I like red wine and remembering how many bit of clothing i have had to throw away because i have spilt wine down them when drunk !!! not good but made me smile ! Love the velco shoes concept , A dancing cat in velcro trainers on the starting block lol

Comment

Congratulations to all who are crossing the finish line...you are truly an inspiration to the rest of us.

I'd like to also congratulate anyone who set the goal and met it even partially as that, to me, is also considered a success, perhaps on a smaller scale. Remember where you "were", where you "are" and where you "will be".

Congrats to everyone who is better now than they were!!!
                    Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

You guys, you could have asked me...........I would have held your drinks while you were running!

Comment

Deena;264706 wrote: Congratulations to all who are crossing the finish line...you are truly an inspiration to the rest of us.

I'd like to also congratulate anyone who set the goal and met it even partially as that, to me, is also considered a success, perhaps on a smaller scale. Remember where you "were", where you "are" and where you "will be".

Congrats to everyone who is better now than they were!!!
                        I could not have said this better - so true!!!

Comment

Its really nice to have goals and people to help us get there, as was the case with going AF to the end of the month.

Not to sound like a douche but honestly, for me anyway, i don't feel like I'll cross the finish line till my dying day. Only then will all the points be tallied and a winner (me or AL) will be determined.

Don't get me wrong I'm not taking away from anyone who is meeting short term goals....if anything it reminds me that little slip ups along the way can definatley be overcome in the long run. It also helps keep me from getting cocky because I'm doing well at present. That can be overcome as well if I let my gaurd down..

Comment

I think life is a series of accomplishments. If you are runner, you never just run one race and then stop satisfied with your accomplishment. You keep taking on new challenges.

believe - I hear what you are saying - the struggle feels endless. Congrats on the progress you have made so far!!!

Comment

Deena;264706 wrote:
                              Remember where you "were", where you "are" and where you "will be".
                              I love that! Thank you for reminding me to celebrate each day I spend AF!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X