S#$T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S#$T

At this point, I do not understand the point of my posting, but I do hope to get there at some point.
    Tonight I had an affair with AL. I knew it was going to happen; in fact, it was planned in my mind. It was really kind of ridiculous because that stupid MF never even buys me flowers; in fact, I always seem to buy dinner, and I am always the one asking him out for a date. Here I am am feeling lonely like I need AL and the stupid MF has not even given me an orgasim (sorry, I am pissed and drunk).
    But here I am thinking that my affair with this asshole might mean something when I know it will not.

My triggers are boredom. I am bored with everything in my life and don't know what I want.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

S#$T

girlie, put on jammies and make a cup of tea and watch a movie or sometning on TV
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

S#$T

Or listen to the hypnosis CDs
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

S#$T

Thanks, I am ok now that I am home. I am just tired of reading book after book after book. I feel like I am trapped at home with nothing to do.......excuses, excuses, excuses.

Comment

S#$T

You type VERY well for being pissed drunk!

Tomorrow is a new day. Don't feel so bad. Practice makes perfect as far as I am concerned. Keep on trying!

Comment

S#$T

Luk, just keep with us. Had the worst week of my life last week. But just stay here with us, it will sort itself out somehow. Just don't give up.

My new therapist says that I do not think that I am entitled to be happy. Beginning to think that she is right. But need to fix it.

love, S

Comment

S#$T

Hi Luk, sweetie, Al that f---head keeps dropping in on many of us. I am sorry. The cheating fat pig visited me tonight as well. He is like a twisted evil Santa Claus -- goes all over the world. !
              I am also worried , am planning to go AF this week, and I know unstructured time is my enemy.
              tomorrow is another day !
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

S#$T

I'm sorry Luka-- that jerk is all over the place, ruining our lives. I wish someone would shoot old AL-- but then again, I think AL is invincible. The only way to get out of his clutches is to reject him outright. Don't even let him through the front door. Don't believe him when he says he just wants to hang out and won't bother you. He always does. He doesn't know how to keep to himself.

If I had the problem of boredom (unfortunately I have opposite problem-- too much to do, never enough time, messy house, unpaid bills, etc etc.) I would exercise. I would try to make exercise a replacement addiction to AL. (I've heard that happens to quite a few people... and what better replacement addiction can there be?).

Also, if you're drinking to pass time, as part of a ritual, etc. then I suggest you make your drinks weaker so you can still carry out the ritual and/or pass the time, but with less alcohol. If you drink wine, make it spritzers. If you drink mixed drinks, decrease the amount in each drink. If you drink beer, drink lite beer -- I think that has less alcohol, at least it does where I live (Europe)-- here light beer has 2.5% instead of 4.5% alcohol. I have done this with a lot of success in cutting back.

Don't give up and don't stop posting--- HEY! Are we so boring????
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

S#$T

Hey Luk, I was suppose to go 90 days AF with you but I too have been drinking but today is the day I stop. I'm so tired of it. Last night I didn't drink to excess (3 drinks) but this morning my head feels cloudy and I don't have the energy I do when I haven't had anything to drink. Boredom is the trigger for me too and I don't know what to do about it. I've tried reading, walking, getting on line, any number of things but nothing has helped. I've been exercising too. Today my only goal is to put a plan in place to quit drinking. I'm still with you for 90 days but how about we try one day at a time.

Comment

S#$T

Thanks everyone!!
                    Accountable, I wrote my entire master's thesis piss drunk; I am the guru of typing with one eye closed.

Cuckoo- I am with you! Today is our day, and AL cannot take it away from us.

Comment

S#$T

Boredom

Boredom is also a trigger for me - I think. I have lots of things I love to do: gardening, quilting, singing with groups (2 nites per week), so part of it that I'm a little tired to do thinks I enjoy, so I grab a glass and then some more. This time I'm trying to find more ways to relax instead of drinking. It is such a euphoria when I don't drink, that I'm flying high trying to catch up on things. Juliana
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

S#$T

Luk: we haven't talked about butts in a while. what is happening to us??
                        what do you have your master's in? I need some wisdom. uggh feel like hell today, both voddy and wine last night:argh:

Comment

S#$T

I feel like hell too. I can't believe this is what I felt like everyday of my life.

Comment

S#$T

Greetings from Snowy Salt Lake City, UT, USA!
                            I agree that "downtime" and boredom are two giant triggers for me! And it was frustrating, because I have several projects I want and need to get done, but good old girlfriend AL(ice) shows up for "one quick one to help us relax" and pretty soon I am too relaxed to do anything. The next morning I get up and look around and say to myself, another day (or evening) wasted and nothing got done. That night, here comes AL(ice) (strange, that bitch always knows what time I get home) and says, hey, lighten up and lets have one to relax!
                            So, a while back, I said to her, AL, I need some help around here, can you hand me that recip saw, and you might want to put some eye protection on. You know what, the girl dropped her martini and ran out of the house! I laughed and went back to moving a wall. Last I saw of her was taillights...just ahead of the police car! LOL
                            Seriously, boredom does affect us all, and it is a strong trigger for many. I have to write down my plans for each evening and weekend, and share them with my wife, so I build a level of expectation. She is smarter than I am; if she sees me start to waiver, she will say something like, "so, after dinner, are you going to stain the end tables so we can put them in the guest bedrrom? The girls will be so surprised when they visit next weekend." Or something to that effect. I suppose some would call it nagging, but she does not do it in a nagging voice, tone, or attitude: she knows I need assistance it getting past my relationship with AL(ice) and she is willing to do whatever it takes to me me forward on my chosen path.
                            And if all else fails, I go into my office, turn on the computer and get on here!
                            Be strong!
                            BHOG
                            War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

S#$T

I love your posts, BHOG!!! You always give me hope. that bitch Alice!! She is the twin sister of creepy, wart-faced Al who visits many of us. You are so lucky to have a supportive wife, but I think you are very determined all on your own and you inspire us! Plus, nice to have a few guys around the boards

Comment

Working...
                              X