Newbies in need ODAT - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RN! You don't know how much I will miss your posts over the next 10 days. All of you have become like friends to me as I check in each day. I don't always reply to everyone individually but know that I have gotten to "know" everyone and look forward to seeing how everyone is doing each day. I will miss your posts RN and look forward to your return.

One of the things I like about this site is the fact that no one gets "beat up". The support and empathy are HUGE. No one has to apologize for anything, we all "get it."

The Topa I've been taking is having a NASTEEEEEEEE impact on my gastrointestinal system. EWWWW! I'm going to stop for a few days and make sure that's what it is. Anyone else share in this lovelee little side effect? I'm taking stock in OUST air freshener if you know what I mean.

Since I'm not feeling so good this weekend I have had no problem with AL. 2 glasses of wine last night, sipped REAL slow. Tonight I go to stepdaughter's for the SuperBowl and plan on 2 beers. Monday will be AF and back to exercising if I kick this cold by then.
    Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Greetings to all from Snowy Salt Lake City, UT, USA!
      Good Sunday morning to everyone! Well, I am still doing fine..thanks in no small part to all the support here on MWO! We have a very busy week ahead in our household! Our new kitchen cabinets are due in on Friday, we need to empty out all of the existing cabinets, call the demolition company and have them all removed, do the "patch and paint" and get ready for the install. This means that BHOG will not be cooking fancy dinners for the lovely Mrs. for a few weeks! Damn, I am going to miss doing that. But it will be well worth it!
      I MADE MY GOAL! I did AF to the end of the month! Damn it feels good! Now, what to do in February?
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Bye Finally RN! Have a really lovely time. I hope you can be rested, restored and rejuvenated by your break and have some quiet time to think about how to take on the rest of your life. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back - you'll have to book in a mega session on the PC to catch up with everyone! (I'm not really sure you'd want mine - it's bloody hard work at times! And the smell of horse poo seems to pervade a lot of it. :H )

It will be hard, but I will make sure the ODAT thread is started as often as possible in your absence! :H

Mr BHOG - after getting through Jan, you carry right on and get through Feb!! With or without your kitchen cabinets!

Time to Change - don't feel the guilt, or feel it anyway but still come here and stay here. The only way to stop for most of us is with help and that's what is here in bucketloads. So it's got to be good to keep coming on when you slip, when you're AF, whenever. You'll always be welcomed.

Bessie xxx

Comment

Bessie,
          you just HAD to bring up the subject of the ODAT thread............and to think that I will be in the same time zone and can't even take advantage of it! Its so unfair.
          BHOG, take care of yourself and the Mrs..............so what do you cook? And congratulations! You deserve it. Continue in Feb........this thing NEVER ends.
          Oh! did I mention that I did the math Feb 1st and in January, I had 25 AF days. I only drank 5 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had to recount, but no, its true! Thats about once a week just about..........so I feel stronger about going home...........yup. I can do this!

Comment

I drank yesterday but I'm not drinking today..for sure. I'm working until 930pm and will have to go home and go to bed to be up early in AM for work. I think I'm going to try for 7 day's no drinking.
            :l

Comment

Working...
            X