Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to let it go

:new:
    What a lovely nonjudgemental community! For those of us with limited time for meetings, I welcome you. I drink two cocktails nightly and have been for quite a while. i don't like to get drunk, but I am tired of my need for those 2 cocktails. I used to just have 2 drinks on Fridays only, and would like to get back to that or only on a night out (which is rare--I like to stay home) I know my alcohol dependence started when trying to cope with my abusive husband, but I left him 9 yrs ago! So that excuse is dead! I have fibromyalgia pain every day, but I don't want alcohol to be part of my pain program, which is currently treated with acupuncture, exercise and chinese herbs.
    I have the nutrients and kudzu available, and will be getting the hypnosis cd soon, but haven't been successful in being alcohol free yet.
    I am thankful for folks who know that it is the cravings that keep us stuck, and that many of us are productive, kind and loving people who somehow got sucked in.:thanks:

Time to let it go

Welcome Embraced!

Stick around this place is great.

K
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Time to let it go

Welcome, Embraced! One day at a time.... and the first week sucks. Once you get the first week behind you, it's physically easier....

Patty
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Time to let it go

:welcome: Embrace

Sounds like you have a plan going there.
        One thing that has worked for me is to skip every other day for about a week and then skip two days and so on until alcohol free. That way your body can adjust.

:l Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Time to let it go

Yep, it's that 1st week that has kept me from getting started. If I'm not as successful as I would like, will you keep plugging for me?

Comment

Time to let it go

southernbelle47;265956 wrote: :welcome: Embrace

Sounds like you have a plan going there.
            One thing that has worked for me is to skip every other day for about a week and then skip two days and so on until alcohol free. That way your body can adjust.

:l Nancy
            Welcome embraced! It is the first week that deems most difficult. I love Nancy's suggestion. Maybe just skip a day, then two, and so forth? Might make things a lot easier for you.

Glad you are here!

Comment

Time to let it go

embraceddarkside@yahoo.co;265960 wrote: Yep, it's that 1st week that has kept me from getting started. If I'm not as successful as I would like, will you keep plugging for me?
              That's why we're here... welcome to the board

Comment

Time to let it go

Hi Embrace! Some of us are going to start an AF ( alcohol free) plan starting tomorrow , Monday. You are very welcome to join us!!!
                :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Time to let it go

PS: Embrace, the thread for those of us starting Monday is on the "Need Help ASAP" forum, called "Anyone want to pick a date." There is also a great forum on "just starting out" called "Newbies in need, One Day at a Time."
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Time to let it go

Welcome embrace. Stick around, you will like it here. I like the everyother day plan too.
                    I've been working on this for several months now and last month went 8 days AF. That is a big accomplishment for me and I am hoping to increase this month, even though it's a shorter month!
                    Keep the hope

Winefree

Comment

Time to let it go

Embraced, :welcome: Congrats on your decision to join!

You are in a great place if you are looking for help. These people are amazing.

Good luck. We are here for you.

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Time to let it go

Thank you for not judging me! I'm using the drink meter to help me chart my progress. I only had 2 tonight, but desired nothing more, and didn't even enjoy it that much. (Which is why I will be very happy to be free of this stuff. ) Why drink if you don't even enjoy it?---Answer----cuz I'm addicted----duh.

Comment

Working...
                        X