Why am I soooo Tired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why am I soooo Tired?

I am on day 4 of my February goal. Not that I am doing super great. Probably about 50/50 really. And I am about 2 weeks into this whole "let's deal with the monkey" thing. And I just hit a really big frickin wall. BAM!

I spent the first 12 days really getting into this. I started the supplements and got used to taking those really gigantic pills. I started the hynosis CDs and learned to convince one of the 3 versions of me to fetch a margarita while I lounge in the hammock. I started the Topo and am already at the "carbonated beverages taste like sh$t stage. So things are moving along as planned.

I have been feeling so good. Really jazzed about everything. Had some really great days of super-duper control over the drinking. And then this morning, BAM. I can hardly keep my eyes open. Maybe it is because last night for the first time since I started this whole thing, I tied one on at the bar and I am hung over. No, that is not it. Must be something else. Hmmmm, what could it be.........

Why am I soooo Tired?

Hi Croft!! I have heard over and over and over that this is all normal. And I quit drinking last year for about 10 days, give or take, and felt so exhausted and rotten, black moods, et., that I went back to drinking. I didn't know about this place then or have any support so I didn't know it was normal. you have hit a roadblock but you are so damned determined .. please continue to inspire us with your Croftesque posts
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

overnight you grew a lot of extra skin on your eyelids....your muscles aren't used to this added weight......

you will probably need special weight training...
      -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

hi there croft... yes you will feel like that for alittle.but it will get easier. keep it going. i believe in you.good luck
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

Try having the me in the clouds pour an energy drink into the me in the hammock's mouth while the me standing beside the hammock holds onto both other me's hands so they don't go to the bar...: ).

Hang in there -- try an extra dose of All One or the kudzo ( I take 10 of those a day), if you use those supps, or go for a fast walk to perk you up or just take a nap.... I found having a couple of glasses of koolaid helped me as well when I was feeling a little low (to replace the sugar that I used to get from my wine). Or a dreamsickle...those are good for hangovers as well (w/o the vodka).

If you can take the CDs seriously, they can give you energy too and help you sleep...I lock myself away so nobody can see what I am doing and I don't feel as goofy. I tell myself that it's only going to work if I stop thinking that it won't...and for me they have helped get me through...and the first time I did them I was incredibly hungover and they perked me right up.

Good luck!

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

your supposed to be tired, its your liver crying out. i am still exhausted and its been like 116 days! I think coffee has done something to me? hang in there!

Luv ripple~
            :l

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

Hi Croft,

I have read that one of the side effects of topa is being tired so that might be too. Hopefully it will get better.

Keep trying and trying,
              Bambi
              "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

normal

Every time I went AF for any lengths of time, I get that BLAH, no energy feeling a couple days into it, you are used to all the al, lots of calories, sugar, energy................need to reprogram sorta in a way ...........stick w/ it and I bet you feel better in a few days!

lots of love and support!!!:h :h

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

thanks happy4once!!! You are too funny!!!

I think the CDs are actually working. I am still listening to them.

I have been drinking some recovery drinks that I would normally reserve for after a hard workout. They seem to be helping some. I think this is just hard work. So nice to have all of you for support - THANKS!!!

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

treeman - lol

Comment

Why am I soooo Tired?

Oh Croft
                      I slept walked for two weeks..(and still can't get past the elevator!) I think the Topo made me tired too at first but I think I'm getting used that now and feel pretty good. So hang in there!! - True
                      It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
                      It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

Working...
                      X