Newbies in Need ODAT - Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

green, the coupon is for a free bottle of Kudzu that you get for subscribing.
    You also get a free download version of the book My Way Out.

charlee...thank you for sharing that. Isn't it incredible the small freedoms we deny ourselves by continuing to drink.

hugs and stuff,
    Kee
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Good morning everyone,
      I've been flat out in bed with the flu, so I've missed a few days here, I'm happy to read today, sounds like many of us are doing pretty well! I can't seem to shake this illness, but I never feel like drinking much when I'm sick, so that's a good thing. I am not going to drink today.

Charlee, I can so relate to your story about hubby being in the house alone with all the hidden alcohol.

My challenge will be this weekend when my hubby travels. Typically when he is on the road I use that time to consume as much as possible....NOT THIS WEEKEND!

Have a great day everyone who follows...
      Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

time2change, choicemood and cowgal - please don't forget rule number 11: you don't have to count your AF days in sequence. If you get to number 6 and then have a slip, the following day is 7, not 1.

and choicemood - you had ONE - only ONE and you are feeling bad. sheeshka! Give yourself a break! I had 4 in my last slip and I drove home! Stop making me feel like a looser. And start making yourself feel like someone who is starting to get a pretty good handle on this alcohol thing. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!

Comment

thanks!!!!

Thanks Croft for reminding me of rule #11, I shouldn't forget it as I have printed out all your rules for my reference!

Just read about your mural/panic at drive thru.........knew you had to be an artist(or writer!) I am an artist too, it seems to affect us alot (AL, that is)........us artistic types I mean.................look at all the actors/actresses/authors etc...............

Thanks again for the reminder, I feel better now!:thanks:

Love:h and hugs,:l

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Croft;268184 wrote: time2change, choicemood and cowgal - please don't forget rule number 11: you don't have to count your AF days in sequence. If you get to number 6 and then have a slip, the following day is 7, not 1.

and choicemood - you had ONE - only ONE and you are feeling bad. sheeshka! Give yourself a break! I had 4 in my last slip and I drove home! Stop making me feel like a looser. And start making yourself feel like someone who is starting to get a pretty good handle on this alcohol thing. YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!!!
            Croft,
            I've never replied before. . . not enough confidence to get to day one. . .but now that I've read about rule # 11, I just have to ask about all your rules. Will you please post them again? I finally gathered all the supps, CD's topa, book . . . all is ready . . . and a week gone by still without one day AF. Have cut way back, thankfully, but feel myself creeping back up. Perhaps the piece I'm missing is the on-line chat. So, here I am risking and reaching out. (don't even know if I'm using the correct forum) Thanks to All of you out there. Please help.

Comment

Charlee: I loved reading your observation about hubby being home & not discovering any bottles. Abs gives me a life where I can walk around w/head held high & looking people straight in the eye. I love reading about unexpected freedoms people have when they stop drinking. Hooray for you!

BTW, I take my g-son to story hour, & there is another g-parent there that I know drinks. He always stays by himself & leaves early. I think he's conscious of the fact that he smells like booze. I feel for him, because I've been there, done that.

Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

sorry

sorry to butt in, but it is the last thread on this page, named "stop beating yourselves up" (i am almost positive that is the name) Open it and it is the first post from Croft........GREAT.........I printed it cuz it is profound!! (to me at least!!)

Love :h :h

Mary Anne

Comment

I went grocery shopping this morning. When driving out of the parking lot I thought to myself how wonder it was to skip the stop at the liquor department. Just that in itself makes it worth being AF.

Have a great AF day.
                  tc

Comment

For me one new freedom is not having to find a dumpster on the way to work to drop all the empties into. I could not leave them at home because then I would have that same dread that they would be discovered when hubby got home from work before I did.

Comment

Time2: I thought I was the only person who did that. I was always nervous there would be someone unloading a truck or getting out of a car just as I got rid of all the bottles. OMG, the stuff I did to hide my drinking! Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Hope Emily;268196 wrote: Croft,
                        I've never replied before. . . not enough confidence to get to day one. . .but now that I've read about rule # 11, I just have to ask about all your rules. Will you please post them again? I finally gathered all the supps, CD's topa, book . . . all is ready . . . and a week gone by still without one day AF. Have cut way back, thankfully, but feel myself creeping back up. Perhaps the piece I'm missing is the on-line chat. So, here I am risking and reaching out. (don't even know if I'm using the correct forum) Thanks to All of you out there. Please help.
                        I just sent you a private message with the rules. I hope they serve you well. They sure do me.

Comment

ME TOO

Thanks Croft!!! :thanks: You are the BEST!!!

love ya!:h :h

MA

Comment

Croft;268297 wrote: I just sent you a private message with the rules. I hope they serve you well. They sure do me.
                            Thanks a million, Croft. They're printed and right here to remind me I'm OK. . . just like you and all the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                            X