Newbies in need ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump on board for the One Day At A Time Friday thread. Get yourself set for the day if this is the end of your working week. Another thread on here has highlighted the 'dangers' of that Friday feeling. That reward for reaching the end of the working week. Luckily it doesn't happen to me - every day is a working day!! The joys of being self employed!

Love and luck to all to come

Bessie xx

Hi Bessie,
    I'm also self employed. Not always such a good thing. It takes a lot of self dissipline.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Jessie
    make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

cheers bessie, i am NOT drinking today

Comment

hallo bessie, everyday the same for me lucky you who has ajob hence looking foward for a weekend, me not working and its crazy not having a source of income anyway have anice restfull weekend ahead,

Comment

Good morning Bessie, Jessie, DAMO, Maasai and all to follow. Starting Day 11. Don't know if I'd have the discipline to be self-employed (didn't think that I would have the discipline to get this far) but am looking forward to the weekend.

Cheers all!

Comment

Suki
            Day 11 AF! That's absolutley brilliant!
            Have a great weekend and keep on looking forward
            :h Anna:h :l
            IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
            Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Anna, thank you! Will respond to your PM this weekend. I promise!!!
              Hope all is well.
              u

Comment

hello,
                great job day 11 suki.
                yes its the weekend
                hello to all my friends in the world.
                goodluck and love yourself
                rudemama

Comment

Hi Bessie and everyone, I don't intend to drink today, as I haven't for the past 3 weeks, but I'm not counting.
                  My brother David has been diagnosed with lung cancer. I do not intend to use it as an excuse to drink, I would ask for your prayers, not for recovery, but for peace for him.
                  Great job on day 11 Suki, it's so good to see you getting well. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
                  Love Paula. x

Comment

Paula, i will be thinking of you and praying for the peace your brother needs. :h rudemama

Comment

Hey Suki - why 'cynical'?? With those 11 days under your belt you need to be 'Joyful' or 'Happy' ..........or maybe just 'goofy'!! :H Well done you!

Paula - wishing your brother peace and you continued strength to deal with this.

Bessie xx

Comment

Morning everyone.....Wow, all these posts and it is so early here on the East Coast....I am so glad to see this thread growing each day.
                        Everyone seems to be finding their own path to a sober life. Some are working on an AF lifestyle, others mods. For me moderation is not an option and thinking long term is to overwhelming for me. I continue taking it ODAT, making no promises for tomorrow.... I have this picture in my head of taking that first sip.......I would not be pouring myself a drink in a fancy glass with ice and nursing and savouring that drink. My vision is standing there with bottle in hand, in the middle of my kitchen, just guzzling for that initial buzz, not the taste....sad?, scarry?......I think I will be carrying around this picture for life...so for today I will choose not to drink..
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Charlee: I loved your post. I too would be doing the same thing. It's not about the taste...it's about checking out, blurring the edges, etc. I drank my booze out of coffee cups, so that no one would notice. Not anymore. I'm sober & liking it most of the time. Yes, I get the odd craving now & then. But so far, in Feb. I'm sober. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
                            At least you used a cup!!!!
                            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

happy Friday!

Hey, this thread is "happening" today!!! Busy, that is awesome!!! Congrats on 11 days Suki, and to anyone who can get any AF time...........

Paula, prayers for your brother and hope and strength to you..

Everyone have a SUPER weekend, I will be off for Miami (another meeting )

Lots of love to you all!! Good luck w/ whatever your goals may be

:h :l

MA
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X