Newbies in need ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paula I will say prayers for your brother for peace.

I have 8 days AF today and am not feeling real confident at the moment. this will be a hard weekend but I am going to do my best to make this an AF weekend.

Cowgal- Have a safe trip and good luck with whatever your goal is.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

Morning ODAT'ers

I still suck at this *using everyones name* thing.

I wish great things for us ALL.

Suki...11 days....SUPER job...keep it going.

Paula...prayers for peace...that whatever is in store for him, happens in the most gentle loving way the universe can make happen for him, and for you and your family.

time2change...8 days are fantastic...I am on day 2, and feeling a little nervous about the weekend myself. we CAN do this...let's both try our best to come here Monday and say...that was fucking hard but we DID IT!....

Mary...charlee....your sharing made me smile.....because for me, it was...in the end..(ok, the end has been like, the last 10 years...)...it has been all about *the buzz*...my hubby would constantly count my beers...Kee, you are now 2 to my 1....3 to my 1..you are going to be drunk by 7 and passed out again. Well no shit sherlock...do you think I don't *know* this?...do you think if I could control this once I am drinking I wouldn't be doing so....do you not think I hate myself when I do this to myself?????????????

eep...sorry....where did THAT come from! ahem!

wishing you all your goals today.

much love and hugs,
      Kee
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Keeta

See ya Monday morning. PM me if you need to. i'm trying to beat this and I know the only way I can is to go AF forever. Good Luck

Comment

time2change,

I will be around on and off all weekend, no big plans, so feel free to pm me also...or start a new thread, etc....
          I also must remain AF...I cannot moderate...1 equals drink 'til I pass out.

Good luck to you...see you Monday or before!
          Kee
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi everyone

Great to see so many doing well. Suki, 11 days is amazing. Paula you are in my thoughts and prayers. My girls are on mid-term break so I might be missing in action over the next week but will be thinking of you all. Have a great week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Well, it is 11:30 a.m. here and I haven't had a drink yet. Just another 8 hours or so to go today. Whew, more than halfway there.

Glad to see all are doing well.

I better get my butt off this computer and do some house cleaning. My absolute favorite thing to do. NOT. but, it's getting really dirty.

I'll check back in later.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good day everyone. Haven't posted since Sunday.....Today is day 19 AF.. Yesterday was really hard. Home with sick child....getting medicine for her....Alcohol was everywhere. My Pharmacy is in a super market which here in Georgia sells Wine and Beer (My favorite). The market was out of the script so I went to anohter, again huge Budweiser display. Once again confronted by it. I did good It was hard. The third and and final store I went to had my girls script, we went home and ate ice cream and watched TV. She's feeling better and so am I. Thank you for letting me share this....I have no one to talke to about drinking....most friends and family either Drink like fish or don't drink at all. So I'm kinda on the fence with pouring my heart out to them. Thanks again and stay strong everyone.

Comment

Brooklyn: Those visual images are so strong. I turn my eyes away from displays, ads, etc. because they really can trigger me. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Brooklyn, good job, on day 19, not buying beer and getting ice cream!

Paula, will be thinking of you and praying for your brother.

Ok, Bessie, I'll change my mood! I was cynical after my last couple of therapist's appointments. Friday night. Worked an 11 hour day, tired, hadn't taken my supps for two days. What a difference!

TKeene, know what you mean about rewarding myself for being AF. Funny thing is that the last three mornings I felt like I had a hangover.

All I could think about was a nice glass/bottle of wine. Al was really screaming at me, in my face. I had to go to the market to get some cat food. Instead bought two bottles of AF wine. Going to pour a glass of the horrid stuff and toast to the MWO supps!

Rust, have fun with the girls next week, will mss you if youre not around.

To all else, great weekend to you all.

:h :h :h :h Suki

Cowgal, have fun in Miami.

Comment

Hi everyone, posting later than usual. Still fighting the flu, but made it into work today. Hubby is out of town all weekend, so I'm going to struggle with my goals of moderating since this would typically be a situation where I would "binge". So far, so good. I have plans to keep busy and away from the booze. Not feeling well actually makes it easier.

Suki and Brooklyn, great news on the AF days...Suki, your new mood looks good on you, following Bessie's advice is always a GOOD thing!

Paula, my only brother battled cancer, it is emotionally trying, I know exactly how you feel. I will not only pray for him, but for you and those who love him. Cancer touches so many.

Cowgal - safe trip and fun in the Sunshine state!!

Keeta and Time2C - go for the AF weekend - I admire your focus!

Will miss you rustop61 if you go MIA, but enjoy the time with your girls.

Cindi - I hope your house is clean, I hate that too but it feels good when done. My husband finally got me a cleaning service last year...he calls it "cheaper than marriage counseling" heh heh

Happy Friday everyone - check in tomorrow!
                      Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

I am posting late, too, just to report in that I was AF today.

Just letting you know.

Whew.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Clean house AND AF?

If I had a medal, I'd give it to you Cindi!!!!
                          Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Congrats Cindi.

You encourage and support so many that anytime you need us we will all be here for you.

Comment

way to go Cindi! You continue to be such an inspiration! I'm still AF, but how can I get a clean house!

much love, Suki!

Comment

Working...
                              X