Newbies in Need ODAT- Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that it is okay for anyone (even me) to start this thread. The very first thing I do each morning is log in here to see how everyone is doing. Imagine my surprise when I was the first one here.

Today is day 9 AF and two or three weeks ago I did not even dream this would be possible. I am doing the supps and CD's and all of that helps . but it is really all of you that make the true difference. I will be forever thankful for finding this site.

Good Luck to all of you meeting your goal today!!!

DB
    Sorry we must have posted at the same time. Can I get rid of my thread???

Comment

Good morning all ODATers,

Dog had to go potty early this morning and once I'm up, I'm up.

I kept waiting for someone to start the Saturday thread but finally figured it was up to me. Which is a good thing!! This means all my ODAT friends are resting up today.

I am calm again this morning and know that I must just stay busy and not dwell on the dire possibilities that I have no control over in life.

Hmm. Serenity Prayer? Yep. Need to carefully consider the words and remember them everytime I get upset. My counselor told me about a friend of hers who is an ex-alcoholic (of course she used the words "in recovery") but her advice to all drinkers is "Do not let anything get in the way of your serenity."

So, my task today and for the next few weeks, as I stay sober, is to remember this. NOTHING, and I MEAN NOTHING, shall get in the way of my serenity.

Okay, enough of my rambling ruminations.

I still have more house keeping to do and all three grandkids want to spend the night tonight, so I have some work to do to get things ready.

I sure hope I can maintain my serenity with three little wild ones running around tonight!!

Love to all and prayers and hopes that your day goes well.

Cindi

(ps, I deleted my thread because Time2Change and I posted simultaneously. Snap!!)
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

T2C and Cindi, thank you BOTH for starting today's thread. Good minds think alike!

T2C, I agree with you that the friends here are, to me, the most important piece to success. Awesome for you, day 9!:goodjob:

Cindi, tell me how to clean my house, I swear have Adult attention deficeit cleaning disorder, 5 minutes in the kitchen, one load of laundry, open mail........nothing gets done. You continue to inspire me in so many ways. :thanks:

When you mentioned the word "serenity", it hit home. That has been missing in my life for so long.

My new therapist continues to insist that I go to AA or to a depression discussion group. Keep telling her that this group is what I need, what works for me. I wish she'd listen to me.

To all who follow, have a great day!

Comment

Good luck to everyone today... stay busy...

day 3 for me.
          Laura-31
          Windsor, CT

Comment

Good morning everyone, WTG Suki and T2C for keeping on through a Friday night.

Cindi, your comment about serenity made me think as well. I was commenting on another thread about "faith" or lack thereof. One of the things I envy about people with a strong religious faith is the sense of "peace" they seem to have. Not the religious zealots, mind you, but the average person you might work with or spend time with because your children are on the same sports teams, etc.

I too, lack peace and serenity in my life, and while I don't know that religion is the answer, I am not sure how to obtain it in my own...let alone maintain and protect it.

Thanks for giving me something to think about today while my husband is out of town...seems like there is a little more peace and serenity in the house with him in another state though...heh heh
            Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

hey there good job keep it up
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks for starting the thread Time2change, its the first thing I look for when I log on. Unfortunately family take over at week-ends and I am lucky if I get near the computer. Taking the girls to see MIL for a few days tomorrow so I wont be able to get online for a while. It's actually easier to stay AF when I am down there as there is no alcohol in the house. Has to be some advantage I guess. Will be thinking about your comments about Serinity Cindi, I need more of it in my life.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Rus
                  Have a good and safe trip. And since it will be AF it will even better

Comment

Time to change - no rules, anyone can start the thread! I was like you at the beginning but I think if you want to see it on here and it's not, get posting! Like you, I like to visit it every day and because of where I am (UK) I just often get to start it first. It's just a time zone thing!

Suki - when you learn how to do your housework will you teach me how to do mine?!. I do EXACTLY what you do and end up going round and round in circles. Funnily enough, all my horse 'housekeeping' is so much easier to do!!

Didn't drink yesterday, though the craving hit me late in the evening, but the I-Glut definitely helped. Tonight I am going out and on my own so driving and will not have even a glass. Too tired from a very long day of hunting (in brilliant warm sunshine!!) to even sniff a glass without falling over. And it's Lent and I'm taking it ODAT and today I won't drink.

Bessiexxx

Comment

And I like the new mood Suki! Suits you! Much more positive....

B xx

Comment

Happy Saturday everybody! Passed through day 3 yet again. I went to 2 stores and did not buy a bottle today but thoughts are turning toward tonight and drinking. I did get through Friday, thought that was huge! I don't know what I want to do!! Do AF during the week and drink moderately on weekends I guess. Suki and Bessie, the housework is a joke, I just get things straightened up or cleaned and they are a mess again. It never freakin' ends.
                        The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Haven't been in awhile

I was reading some other forums and it is amazing to me how many people suffer from anxiety disorders. (I do as well) I keep trying to figure out whether my drinking is physical, emotional, unresolved pain etc. I keep thinking that if I can figure out why I drink, I can fix it. I suspect it is actually several factors and rather complex. Also, what causes so many people to relapse? I have quit drinking many times (sometime for years) and somehow, I keep convincing myself I can handle it "this time" How to get past this thinking or can I truly become a moderation drinker? ( I would love that) but not sure it's doable. On day 1 for the gazillionth time.

Comment

Working...
                          X