found myself saying thank you this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all,,when l got up this morning,,l was feeingl down,,as some thing was missing(thats it af at the weekend) its hard to feel like that at weekends,,was feeling sorry for myself,then l went for a walk with dogs as l was walking l felt so good(walked for 2 hours) and l found myself say thank you out loud for being af,,,it felt so good,,,much better then say god please help and hating myself,,,

sorry for going on but just wanted to share this with everyone
    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Kaddy, that's a great share. Well done! Saying thank you feels good, doesn't it? In the past when I've tried to go AF, I'd try to psych myself out and say stuff like "I'm so thankful for how I'll feel tomorrow" while I was still feeling cruddy. Last time, I really meant it. This is day 9 for me and I'm thankful. And in general, trying to be more appreciative about a lot of little things that didn't even show up on my radar screen when I was buddying up w/AL. Hope you're enjoying the day!

~K.
    ~K.

Comment

Good for you Kaddy. A two hour walk with dogs sounds like heaven!

I was down last sunday, went for a walk (no dogs unfortunately), it did make me feel better. Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can walk to work.

Comment

That's wonderful, kaddy! A lot of times we forget to ackowledge the good and only focus on the dire, so saying thank you outloud and on this board is a wonderful, grateful gesture.

I am very happy for you!

MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Kaddy

I know exactly what you mean. Today is day 10 AF for me and I am so thankful that I have made it this far. I will never think that this is it and I am now free but I am so thankful to be here at this point I hope that my thanks to God will be my daily reminder from where I was 11 days ago. Congratulations Kaddy. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Comment

kaddy thanks for sharing,glad you are feeling great
            Jacqui xxx
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Kaddy,
              Thanks so much for reminding me to be thankful. I'm on day 21 and I have yet to feel "really good". I feel better physically, but I'm so weepy!! But I am SO thankful to have found this site and this program. I can't remember ever going this long AF. I know the weepiness is just part of the process. But it is such a good practice to pay attention to the things that you are grateful for. Thanks again for reminding me. - True
              It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
              It's time to be a big girl now....

Comment

time2change;269782 wrote: Kaddy

I know exactly what you mean. Today is day 10 AF for me and I am so thankful that I have made it this far. I will never think that this is it and I am now free but I am so thankful to be here at this point I hope that my thanks to God will be my daily reminder from where I was 11 days ago. Congratulations Kaddy. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
                Very well said, all of you... congratulations, Kaddy... may God bless all of us... this is a fight to the finish, but we're well on our way.

Comment

IKnowItsTrue;269798 wrote: Kaddy,
                  Thanks so much for reminding me to be thankful. I'm on day 21 and I have yet to feel "really good". I feel better physically, but I'm so weepy!! But I am SO thankful to have found this site and this program. I can't remember ever going this long AF. I know the weepiness is just part of the process. But it is such a good practice to pay attention to the things that you are grateful for. Thanks again for reminding me. - True
                  Thank you for this, True... that's how I felt yesterday... weepy... was I missing the alchi? I guess... I didn't know it was part of the process. Thanks for sharing that.

Congratulations on Day 21...

Comment

just to say thanks to everyone for there post,,,know l think l got a proplem with walking lol
                    just done 3 hours,,so am going to have a bath,,then read a good book

my feet are killing me......better then the beer

Comment

Maybe I am missing AL too Shikakai, I feel like a sad little girl sometimes. I think my new theme song is Big Girls Don't Cry...I keep hearing it every time I walk into a store!! It's haunting me so much I decided to make some of the lyrics of the chorus part of my signature! It's good to know I'm not the only one going through this..and the grateful thing really does help (thanks again Kaddy).
                      It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.

Comment

hi lknowittrue...
                        this is good l will ues this when am down,,,l keep feelimh weepy,,,but l put it down to pmt
                        so good to know it not just me,,this site helps so much

Comment

Thanks Kaddy, thanks for the reminder, been feeling a bit melancholy past few days but you just reminded me of the wonderful, gorgeous, warm, happy inside feeling of waking up AGAIN and STILL alcohol free.... YAHOOOOO, you've just made me feel it and embrace it again.

Lx
                          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

This is really a cool post!!! I have experienced this feeling too and it is very wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                            X