well here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well here we go

steveg;270044 wrote: wow this site is grt everyone seem nice i think that with support like this anything is possible are you all former drinkers or are you all at different stages of being no drinkers this is my last night haveing a tot tomorrow i will not drink tomorrow is tomorrow not the eternall tomorrow i feel that i am ready do u have any last minuet advise for me people i know it will be good advise thanks

steveg
    It's not scary to stop...you'll be amazed how much you miss whilst drunk. Enjoy it! And kick that demon off your shoulder if he comes whispering in your ear....
    'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
    From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

well here we go

steveg - I have been on the program for about a month, although I have not been able to go AF for more than a few days...I'm a binge drinker. I just made it through my first weekend without a drink. Today is tough, right now I want a big, huge glass of wine. The supplements and topamax help a BUNCH and this forum gets me through the tough times when the cravings and the AL voices come calling...

Keep coming back and posting - it's really fun and I am meeting some wonderful people here. The chat room is a great outlet too.

Peace.

Comment

well here we go

well done to you where u a heavey drinker where is the chat room

Comment

well here we go

top of the page. live chat
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

well here we go

computer wont allow chat will keep trying

Comment

well here we go

Welcome Steve

You need to have java installed to chat. Everyone is at different stages here, some have quit some are struggling to quit, some are doing mods. You can find what works for you which is great! I'd suggest downloading the book it is full of great info on supplements that will help you beat the booze!
              Marcie

Comment

well here we go

yes Steve. I could not get into chat until I installed java. Free download.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

well here we go

HI Steve,

I havent downloaded the book or taken the supps but alot of people recommend them.

Good Luck

Choice x

Comment

well here we go

Hi Steve, welcome. I would recommend taking time to read through some old threads, you will become addicted to MWO........... honestly you have found the greatest place to be, the support, the knowledge, advice and humour are second to none. Keep posting, looking forward to hearing how you are getting on.

Lx
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

well here we go

Welcome Steveg, withdrawl symptoms are horrible but once you are over them it helps to stop you starting back again when you remember what it was like! I take "sleep tea" at night, it has verbena,lime,hawthorn and aniseed in it, if you can find it in a health shop! Anyway, I find it really helps. Go and get some benzos from the doctor if you are really bad, good for initial and short term stuff. If you have quit smoking you can do this and you will feel healthy (honest) eventually!!

Comment

Working...
                      X