Newbies in need ODAT - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The start of another week. Wonderful weather here in the UK - well it will be when the mist burns off. So cheering to have the sun out. Sorry for those of you stuck in snow and wet!

Stuffed the Lent thing last night. Both drank and snacked!! Naughty Bessie. Still, no beating myself up. I feel strong today and WILL have another zero in my drink tracker for today.

Got a busy week so I'll be up early and posting first thing so you better set your alarms to beat me! :H Really excited now about getting my two new Tamworth pigs and a Swaledale ewe in lamb. Not really worried about the lambing as she's not due until May and it is her second lamb so hopefully she'll be fairly chilled about it. And I may have a few others to worry about then. However, the more I read about farrowing first timers the more I am starting to worry! Lots of tales about sows eating/laying on/rejecting their babies......Still, I'll give it my best shot. Lots of advice available locally. The sooner I get them home the better then we can start settling them in and getting to know each other! If I'm going to have to assist a sow in farrowing I think we really ought to be comfortable with each other!!

Have a good day all - love to those who visit the thread.

Bessie xx

I was chuckling at your post - it reminded me of radio commercials a few years ago for the Los Angeles County Fair - these "valley-girl types" didn't have a clue about farm animals. That's not exactly me - but it did seem like you were speaking Greek in your animal speak.
    Funny how we can all be so different - yet exactly the same.

Betsy

Comment

Hi everyone, not posted for a few days.......found myself being drawn back onto that downward slope.....trying to pull myself by the scruff of the neck this morning and get back on track. Badly need some AF days as not sleeping, same old story, though we're going out Thursday for Valentines Day but I'll worry about that later....will concentrate on staying AF today. Thought in the night I must get my hypno cds out so will give them a go later.

Well done Suki, you're clocking those days up gal!!

love to everyone......Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi guys,

Hope everyone has a great day.
        I slipped (no jumped) last night and let AL take over.
        Today im strong again and i will win. its 7.40pm monday and im AF and feeling good.
        Good luck and keep smiling everyone.

Choice x

Comment

Morning all

Just wanted to add my support and love to you all

Sweetpea xx
          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Moning all, thanks Bessie for starting the thread, glad to see you back Janice, you did so well last year Jan, you can do it again, just grit your teeth and jump back on that waggon.
            Hope you all have a good day .
            Paula. xx

Comment

Bessie, your enthusiasm for life is just what I needed this morning! Woke up to frost on the windows, lots of wind, will be VERY cold waiting for the bus. Good luck with the newbies at your place! I'd love to see you chatting up a pregnant pig!

Hi Janice, good to see you post today. yes, starting day 14 today, but yesterday and last night were so hard. Was up at a friend's yesterday, wanted a drink so bad. She left the house twice to pick up kids, I can't tell you why I didn't get up off the couch and run to the freezer to get some vodka and pour it in my glass of juice. But left Al in the freezer, hope he got frostbite and needs a few body parts amputated.:H :H

Paula, Choice, Sweet, Betsy and all ODATers to visit, have a good one! :h :h

love, Suki

Comment

Happy Monday ODATers! Janice, good to see you back. I do that too, if I'm drinking I tend to stay away or lurk because I am afraid to "drink and post" and say something AL induced. Drank a bottle of chard rounded out with 2 heinekens and was out early, missing most of the grammy awards. How many times have I done that?? Each and every friggin time. My goal is to watch the oscars AF. I had 3 af days last week and today is day 1 yet again.
                The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Good Morning ODATers,

I am on day 4 (have 3 under my belt) and feeling okay.

No sweats last night. Whew. Slept like a baby but do have the early AF tiredness.

Oh well. Better than hungover!!

Janice - So glad to see you back. You know you can do this. Start nipping at my early AF heels, girl!!

Suki, Bessie, Paula, Suzanna, SoCal - so glad to see you all here.

Whew, Suki, I would've been tempted by Voddy in the freezer, too!! Good on you!!

Love to all,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Morning to all ODAT'ers.

Hope everyone has a good day. Seems that everyone is sounding positive for a good day today.

Bessie- Thanks for starting the thread again. You know how I look for this first thing in the am.

I'm off to work and will check in later today. Today is day 11 for me. Yesterday was tough. My older son away at college was supposed to call me late on Saturday after he returned there from a day at Disney world with freinds. I still have not heard from him and he is not answereing his cell phone. I am worried and actually thought about drinking last night as I am very nervous. I did not drink. but he had better have a good excuse.

Talk to you all later.

Comment

Morning all tra la la la la, beautiful morning here in the highlands, sun is shining and the rooftops are glistening with frost...... Am feeling good and still af. Great stuff. Have a good day all.

Lxx
                      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Good morning all
                        As I am sitting here reading the posts, I still have almost 45 minutes before I am due at work...Made me think......
                        Before going AF, my before work time was so totally unproductive. Went something like this.
                        Alarm goes off sit on edge of bed....just to get my bearings, wobble out to kitchen, plop in chair....still trying to get my bearings.
                        Drink as much water as my body could possibly hold, coffee (of course)
                        More water.....make my way to bathroom and try to make up my face to look like a normal person...and decide the earrings would have to wait..hands shaking could not find the holes....More water, more coffee...wake hubby and pray there are no comments or questions about the nite before. Hubby leaves for work, more water, another look in the mirror (not looking to good).
                        In between my pee's (this is good..hydrating the body), I get dressed but need to sit on the toilet seat to put on nylons and pants because my legs are a bit wobbly....
                        Almost show time......More water, a last look at the face, and praying these shaky hands will soon subside..they don't........now I am exhausted, drag myself to work, looking presentable, but feeling like crap (even with all that work), can't keep going thru this morning after morning, day after day...gotta stop this....About 11:00 a.m. I start to feel ok, shakes are gone, body is rehydrated.......Only 8 more hours till I can drink, maybe I will cut back a little tonite...NOT

Today.......coffee, make up, get dressed, with all this time to spare....hmmmmmmm..
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Charlee, Sorry to hear about your rough morning. Had plently of those. Some advise on a morning beverage, coffee will dehydrate you more, try gatorade to replenish. They come in some great flavors and even diet now. I like Arctic blast with alot of ice. Keep trying to say NO, try and remember how good you feel on a morning when you don't drink. As well, do you take any vitamins ? They can help on those overindulge days.

Comment

Charlee, Sorry about that, quess who needs coffee this morning. Your refering to a day in the past. I quess I got so caught up because it sounded like so many I've had in the past. Just good adivse now for anyone having that kind of morning.

Comment

Good monday morning to all! It is a beautiful day in the Salt Lake Valley today, supposed to be in mid-40's (F) and sunny!
                              Still AF since 5th,, planning to stay that way! And it is week 4 Post-op! YIPPEE.
                              So glad I am waking up sober!
                              Best to everybody...but here is a "sobering thought" for all of you who don't like Monday:
                              Get used to Monday..you will spend 1/7th of your life in Monday.
                              Sorry about that..
                              BHOG
                              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                              X