The Crying Song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Crying Song

I officially adopted a new theme song yesterday when I was posting to a great thread about being grateful. (It has hit home so much that I have put the lyrics of part of the chorus in my signature) About three months ago, I decided to start a business (what was I thinking!!). It had been on my mind for a while but somehow it just fell into my lap around the beginning of November. (Everything happens for a reason.) I was still drinking heavily, the holidays were coming for crying out loud!! In January I started to get very nervous as the business was scheduled to open that month...that's when I found this site. About three weeks ago I was drinking wine and cleaning the house, drinking wine and doing the bills, drinking wine and ...I forget..but I guess that was the point. The song "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie came on and stopped me in my tracks. I sat down and really listened to the words and started crying...loud uncontrollable crying. All of a sudden I knew I had to finally grow up...FINALLY! I also knew that there was no way I could be successful at my new business if AL was involved! So I started my AF days and I'm on 22 and my Grand Opening is Wednesday. Even though this is longest I've EVER gone AF, I've been feeling SO weepy lately...but everywhere I go, every store I shop I hear that song. It's all about leaving behind a lover that kept you stuck and having the strength to go on and grow up. So, I'm nervous, excited, sick to my stomach and determined as Wednesday approaches. I will probably cry a few more times again...."but I'm taking baby steps 'til I'm full grown" :l Thanks for listening everyone!!
    It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.
    It's time to be a big girl now....

The Crying Song

Good morning and Happy Monday, Truthful.....
    WOW. What an inspirational post... I'm an old coot (43)... and I sing Fergie's ballad like I'm a teenager. (I am too old to be Fergilicious).

My favorite line is,

I need some shelter of my own protection baby
    Be with myself in center, clarity, peace, serenity

To congratulate you seems to be such a small gesture, but suffice it to say that I feel your strength. You have discovered your Center..:heart:
    Clarity. Peace.:heart: Serenity.
    Isn't it an amazing feeling? :h

Much love :l

Patty
    Tampa, FL

Comment

The Crying Song

Hey Not...NOT SO...you are NEVER too old to be Fergilicious!! I concider myself to be of the upmost Fergiliciousness (and I'm older than you!!):rockband: WE ROCK!!
      It's personal, myself and I, we've got some straightening out to do. And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket but I've got to get a move on with my life.

Comment

The Crying Song

I KIT.... once I lose more weight, then I can be Fergalicious, and I will be
        D to the E to the L I C I O U S! to the D to the E to the L I C I O U S! (Tastey, tastey!):dancin:

My 17 year old daughter is rather zany (guess where she got THAT gene from), and when Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" first came out, she would walk into the room, stop in her tracks and say, "Mom."
        "What?" and she'd sing, as if she's a movie star with a microphone in her hand,
        "and I'm gonna miss you, like a child misses their blankie, but I've got to get a move on with my life".... and then she'd turn around and walk out of the room. As if that was her mantra.

(I had to buy the CD to get the words, and now when she does it, I belt back at her,
        "it's time to be a big girl now.... and big girls don't cry".

So, if you expand your business down here in Florida, you can join our singing club.
        No experience required. :H

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

The Crying Song

I love that song too!!

I've been loving that song for a long time!! I've been known to put my CD player on REPEAT and listen over and over and over again!!

Comment

The Crying Song

iKIT - This post has me in tears!!!! I am excited for you. Isn't is great to look back and see how far you have come. So many changes. I burst into tears on Friday on the way to the mountains for the weekend with my hubby. He had just told me he could tell that I really meant it this time. That is was different. I just burst into tears. I wish the most luck that can be wished to you and you new endeaver!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Crying Song

I was in a big whine about something and my sistersaid put on your "big girl" pants and deal with it.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

The Crying Song

Sherrie, the song has been literally haunting me the last month. Every store, the gym, when I turn the radio on in the car...the universe is definitely trying to tell me something. Thanks for the good wishes Croft, its great to have you back...I hope you had a spectacular time!! And tkeene don't be jealous of me...I'm pretty sure that it's against one of the AA rules to make any major changes in your life while you're trying to get sober. But this scared me sober. I knew I would fail if I kept drinking. Someone has that in their signature...that alcohol comes between success and failure. I think we all can succeed in anything and everything. We just have to stop being so scared.

Comment

The Crying Song

Hi IKnow!!! Love this thread! Hey, we are all of an age to be Fergielicious. Like, Patty-licious, Croft-licious ... :H
                  Anyway, wow you are doing so well!!!!!:happy: :yay: Your new business will be awesome!!! please keep us posted. my song is in my signature
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

The Crying Song

dex - you crack me up. I love you all, just love you. Now I have to find a theme song. hmmm....let me thinik......

Comment

The Crying Song

well, best to stay away from jimmy buffet's "Margaritaville" or "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" :H :H
                      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

The Crying Song

failure. I think we all can succeed in anything and everything. We just have to stop being so scared.
                        now i love that and your post was great. good luck to you
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

The Crying Song

yes, there does seem to be a very large assortment of songs about drinking. hmmmm, thinking....

Comment

The Crying Song

Hey Dex,
                            I have to say your signature gave me the idea to put the song in since I couldn't get it out of my head. And since I did, I haven't been crying as much. I don't know what that's all about!! If I think of one for you Croft, I'll run it by ya!!

Comment

The Crying Song

How about Raspberry Beret by Prince.....no,, not that one....think, think think.....

Comment

Working...
                              X