just can't sleep!!! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, I had forgotten about the wierd dreams in the first weeks, they do settle. I find a quiet room, glass of water/juice and a book usually do the trick to get me off to zzz land. You really will start to look forward to going to bed sober - honest you will - knowing you are going to wake up feeling WOW is the best.

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

when you finally do catch a wonderful night of sleep sober all the way - it is very wonderful. had one of those last night. no weird dreams, just a nice sound sleep.....ahahahhh.... of course no sex with Johnny Depp either....

Comment

Here's a little song for you:

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
        Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird don't sing,
        Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
        Mama's going to buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,
        Mama's going to buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,
        Mama's going to buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,
        Mama's going to buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
        Mama's going to buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
        You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Sounds like classic withdrawal to me. When I first went AF, I had difficulty sleeping for the first 5 nights, but then, as if by magic, I slept like I hadn't in years thereafter (one of the best things about quitting). My situation was different because my prescription for 5mg of Zopiclone worked for me, but you might want to try the following. Hopefully I won't take flack for recommending this on a forum like this, but assuming you have no history of other drug problems, get your hand on a small amount of marijuana and smoke a joint. Just make sure you drift off before food cravings hit!

Comment

Try sleep tea, dont know if you can get it in the states, it contains verbena, lime, hawthorn and aniseed. Really works for me, so try and find some! Good luck x

Comment

I use a drug-free sleepaid called Sleep MD...it's available over-the-counter and contains a mixture of herbs (valerian, lemon balm, lavender, passionflower, white willow, hops), Melatonin, as well as CoenzymeQ10. Works great for me....really helpful as I went AF 12 days ago. Happy ZZZZs!
              ~K.

Comment

My package from MWO arrived today, and I panicked! The reason for panicking was that I will not be able to sleep once I am AF. I realized in the past that If I didn't drink at least two bottles of wine a night, I wake up a lot in the night and then wake up in the morning tired. I am a very light sleeper, I wake up even when my hubby turns in bed, and this is after drinking. I have been reading a lot on this forum and you guys are great. Very supportive of each other.

Comment

Working...
                X