Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all! Hope you're waking up hangover free and looking forward to another day AF or moderating or whatever your goal is.

Went to a dinner last night and as I was driving there was no question of me drinking but I took along a bottle of AF wine so I didn't feel like such a party pooper!! Drinking water all night is all good for my halo and my liver but not so good for my reputation as a fun loving party girl!! So it was fun to be able to pour myself a huge glass of red wine and then another! And another if I wanted it! It wasn't actually that bad - wouldn't have tasted so good if I had a glass of the real thing first but it was perfectly acceptable.

Today's hubby is back from a trip and I will do a nice dinner and may well buy a bottle to share. But I may not. See how I feel. So I will either be AF or moderate today. Hunting today so I'll probably fall asleep face first in my dinner anyway!!

Wishing a great day to all who follow.

Bessie xx

Hi Bessie

Enjoy the dinner with hubby..my only advise is to have the plan related to alcohol sorted before the evening and try and stick with it!!

It sounds as though you still feel you have the choice to share a bottle or go AF...better than drinking the whole bottle.

You could get dolled up and get an AF type wine and keep in control??

good luck with whatever you decide and hope you have a cosy evening with hubby.

regards Cassy

Comment

Morning Bessie & Cassie and all to follow.......well done having the AF wine yesterday Bessie, that takes some control!! Well yesterday saw me having a complete AF day without any sneaky alcoholic drinks at all! Got back onto the vitamins and last night did the 2 clearing tracks before going to sleep......had a BRILLIANT night's sleep!!!

Listening to subliminal as I write this and on my way to work shortly........I know I won't drink today!! Thursday is still at the back of my mind....do I, don't I, do I, but if I can get 3 days AF under my belt and cds I'm hoping I won't want that drink with dinner on Thurs night. (I wish!!)

Will be back on later, got lots to do in the house (dangertime!!!) but good luck to everyone today whatever you're aiming for - moderating, abstaining, ODAT......we're all here doing something about this damn problem we all have in common. See you later....

Janicexxxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

hello, don't have much to say as i am kind of out of it feeling better love to see your words rudemama

Comment

rudemama, just keep coming back as often as you need....lots of love here to keep you going.
          Morning all -- I'm planning another AF day (#12). Hope you all have a wonderful day!
          ~K.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Rudemama glad you're feeling better - Bessie - good on you for the AF wine last night. And if you want to share a nice bottle with hubby tonight? No harm in that - enjoy a nice glass with dinner if you so choose.

I am on day 4 today - I know tomorrow I will be sharing a bottle with the BF as my daughter will be at her dad's so we are doing a valentines dinner a day early. I'm looking forward to it - I know that I can successfully moderate with him as we never open a second bottle - just one, a couple of glasses each and then coffee after dinner so I'm looking forward to that.

I hope everyone has a great day whether mods or AF!!

Love you guys,
            Uni
            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
            :h

Comment

great stuff bessie
              all the best dan

Comment

wow

All the new people, sorry about not knowing everyone's names, BUT good on everyone's goals whether they be AF or mod, I ended up having 2 beers.......................very early, was sober when I went to bed, slept fitfully cuz the knee is still stiffining up at night...............other than that I am ok,

Feel sick in my stomach, but took vitamins on an empty stomach.....................DUH, maybe that is why???

It is a beautiful day and I would pay millions to not be inside today, BUT still have a few days til the weekend, then I can enjoy this wonderful spring time weather!!!

love and hugs to everyone!!!!!!:h

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Hi Everyone: So far I've been AF in Feb. It feels good, but I'm thinking about drinking a lot. I know this goes away after a while, but for now, I have to put up w/it. I just have to turn my mind away from drinking. It's not easy, but I know I can do it ...I've done it before...I can do it again. Love, Mary

PS: Feel free to visit us on the 30 day abs daily thread. There's a good group there.
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
                    I guess we will always thave those "thoughts", and it will always be a mental battle. I am just going to keep focusing on today and hope time will help. My brain could sure use a rest!!!!
                    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Good morning to all. Today is day 12 for me and I am still not sleeping very well. Even with the supps I take that should help me sleep I am not doing so well. I hope this passes soon because there are days when I say I should just drink so I can sleep. Stupid since that would just start this vicous cycle all over again.

Good Luck to all meeting your goals today.

Comment

Only day 2 for me and out of the blue this afternoon I had drinking "thoughts". From feeling so positive this morning that I could get through today no problem, that voice reared its ugly head as I was hoovering around. Was so close to reaching for that glass. There's an opened bottle of red under the sink. Anyway, its 5.50pm, I've just done hypnotic 1 cd and now I'm on here....think/hope I might be able to ride it out now. Soz for rambling, just needed someone to share this with. Janicexxx
                        AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

Hi all, and happy Tuesday. Rudemama, I hope you feel better soon. Always check in because we want to know how you are doing. I was AF last night and plan to be AF tonight, tomorrow will be off work (yeay!) but working Saturday at a festival. It feels like spring here, so will be out in the yard tomorrow. Have a great day, all ODATers!

Mary I don't think I have earned a visit to 30 day abs just yet.

:h
                          The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Hang in there Janice! You can do it.

For me this is day one. I've been down this road often enough in the past that I know I can't have anything in the house. Anything left over in the 'fridge went down the sink this morning. Please God let this time be it!

I've been following the vitamin supplement recommendations from "7 weeks to sobriety" for a little over a year now. It was remarkable how my depression disappeared. I am no longer on any antidepressants, and my outlook is not all gloomy. I did however, continue to drink. Living alone away from family and friends (because of work) does not help. Its like I drink out of boredom.

Comment

You too Billy....let us know how you get on today. What vits/supps were you on??? Janicexxx
                              AF since 9 May 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X