Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need ODAT - Tuesday

hello everyone!!!

SEnding postiive happy thoughts to everyone! See alot of successes in these posts!

Good job to everyone who is moderating!

And good job to everyone who is AFing it!

And for those who had a little slip - oh well, tomorrow is a new day! Good job, getting back up!!!! As my best friend likes to say when we go skiing together, you burn twice as many calories when you fall down cause it takes a lot more work to get back up. Those people skiing down the hill with no falls are not trying hard enough!!!

Comment

sad to say day 1 for me again. I guess I gave into the stress of the last week...no excuses...today I WILL NOT DRINK.

love and hugs,
      Kee
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

If you want a full list I'd have to get my duffel bag and check... But basically all the B's, separately, C, whole food multi, multi aminos, with GABA, tyrosine, glutamine, and phosphatidylserine separately. Milk Thistle, multi omega EFA's calcium/magnesium, manganese, chromium, selenium, zinc, ginkgo, there is probably more, I'd have to check.

Somewhere between the vitamins, and quite a few sessions of neurofeedback, the depression lifted, and in a big, noticable, and positive way. I have scaled back the amounts I took initially, trying to find the right balance of what works versus just having very expensive pee.. I am currently rereading the 7 weeks book, and considering the MWO program as an adjunct and to finally stop the drinking part of it. I feel that its like I just haven't tried, maybe I wasn't ready. I lost my dad last year, and my mom has late stage cancer. I've spent quite a bit of time in hospitals lately visiting, and the conditions of the patients, some smokers, most elderly were alarming. It really has caused me to focus on my health and what I'm doing to myself. There are some really painful and messy ways to die. I don't know, I just feel like its time to take a good hard look at myself, the reality of the last 35 years fighting this alcohol addiction may finally be sinking in.

Comment

day four for me, feeling good and clear headed.

Doing better at work, getting on with people and not feeling paranoid about them talking about me, even though they don't. In fact I 'fessed up to one of the girls about my previous troubles with booze during a conversation, it felt good to talk about it in a vaguely light hearted manner and not get all bogged down in the guilt and shame of it all. I find this actually makes it seem less scary. Like cartoon baddies, once you can laugh at it, it loses the power it has over you.

Two days off from tomorrow so I am going to see my (very sensible) sister who will keep me busy looking after my (very cute) niece.

I really think I'm going to make a week AF!
          It will be the first time in months.
          'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
          From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

What's ODAT? Opps, never mind.....I figured it out........duh.
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Good for you Hovercat, and welcome aboard, Billy Bones, just wanted to say hello, and I figure it is late in the day and nobody will check this thread again tonight. It's probably morning already in England, lol. :h Suz
              The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

One week sober today!! And God, do I WANT A DRINK TONIGHT!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats chardchick!!! Don't you feel so much better each morning and day? Remember that when you want that drink. You can do it!
                  Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Working...
                  X