Sick Tired New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick Tired New Here

Hello I am new to the whole, online help community suppot thing and well I am one to say hello before I go reading what you have here. I am a 32 year old wife and mother of one who has been drinking now steadily since I was 14. I consider myself and can admitingly say it I am a functional alcoholic. I work full time and get my job done well. My home too is pretty much all taken care of without issues of neglecting this or that over drinking. However my drinking has gotten worse over the past few years and is causing serious issues in my home life with my husband and my son. I am a person who has never been able to relax and use drinking as a means of unwinding at the end of the day, but one drink usually turns into 6 or more. which then turns in to an argument with my husband on a daily basis. I used to only drink on weekend or at social gatherings now I find myself drinking pretty much everyday which totally sucks because I really do not want to and I do not want this problem I have to hurt my family anymore. I do not want my drinking or my problems with my drinking to be the end of my family so here I am sick and tire of being sick an tired....:new:
    ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Sick Tired New Here

:welcome: This place is great! I can relate to a lot of what you wrote! Here you will find friends to laugh with, cry with, they will pick you up and dust you off, support you, give you advice and sympathy, and above all...we are all in the place you are, or have been, and understand how scary it is! You have so much going for you, a husband and a child! And you have taken a GIANT first step by coming aboard! Read, post, chat, and above all stay strong! Don't be afraid, and don't be shy. And if you slip, or stumble, we all have, and this site is great for one major thing! No Lectures! just a lot of loving support...and humor!
    Be Strong!
    BHOG
    War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Welcome. Everything BHOG has posted to so true, so there is not much to add. I truly feel your frustration.

Good luck. We are here for you.

Love, Me
      :l
      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Hi there sickandtired32

Welcome, you have come to the right place the people here are fantastic.

I would be lost without them.

Just remember one day at time, it is hard and it does get easier, but there is alot of support here so join in and dont be afraid, no one here judges, we are all in this together.

The best of Luck :flower:

Choice xx

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

:thanks:
          Thanks BHOG, glad to here no lectures. lol hubby said he would be there for me but when I slip all I get from him is what a terrible person, drunk or alcoholic I am and nothing but lectures. I am on day one today so let me see how my baby steps go. I am going to try St Johns Wort in the evenings which is the time I feel I want a drink the most and see if that helps any. I am not a percription person so everything I do has to be herbal or all natural. I was also looking in to the Omegoa 3-6-9 has anyone here tried that??? I will start my battle this eve with reading, meditation and St Johns cross my finger I am sure I can get through one day it will be the next few which test me. Again Thanks for the welcome and open arms here I too will be here for support for anyone else who needs it.
          ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

:thanks:
            Choicemood & Thankful!!!!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

S & T 32, if you have time in the evening, don't be shy..come to the chat room and find out how funny we all are...and you will also find support there. This place is great! I can't say it enough. I had finally reached a point where drinking was my entire life; I had to sit down and admit to my wife that I had a major crisis, and that I was going to do something about it. She has heard this before...but this time, it worked. The only difference I can tell is that this time, I had the support of the people on this site..and it has been wonderful. I'm not perfect (Something about they crucified the last perfect Man) but it has been a very successsful journey for me, again, thanks to this site and the people.
              The preceeding was not a paid commercial.
              Stay Strong!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

sickandtired32;271324 wrote: :thanks:
                Thanks BHOG, glad to here no lectures. lol hubby said he would be there for me but when I slip all I get from him is what a terrible person, drunk or alcoholic I am and nothing but lectures. I am on day one today so let me see how my baby steps go. I am going to try St Johns Wort in the evenings which is the time I feel I want a drink the most and see if that helps any. I am not a percription person so everything I do has to be herbal or all natural. I was also looking in to the Omegoa 3-6-9 has anyone here tried that??? I will start my battle this eve with reading, meditation and St Johns cross my finger I am sure I can get through one day it will be the next few which test me. Again Thanks for the welcome and open arms here I too will be here for support for anyone else who needs it.
                Boy do I get that...drunk and alcoholic. Oh and terrible person.

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

:welcome: Hi S&T!!! your story sounds very similar to so many here. there is so much support here, some hilarious people.
                  Have you looked into the supplements? I am no expert but they help many people here. but you have made that major first step. we're all pretty much in the same boat here. keep posting!!:h
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

hi there..sickandtired32. welcome you will find alot of good help here .so just read alot and post your questions. enjoy the ride and take it one day at a time..good luck
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Well it is 6:30 and usually by now I have already had about 2 drinks (been home for only one hour). Again I am functional, lol I get home from work, do dishes cook dinner help kids with homework the whole time comsuming but not today. I thank all of you here, and Dolly Sunshine I too get the "terrible person" comment plus a few other choice words that because of the drinking usually just roll off like water. As far as supplements I am doing St Johns Wort and taking the Omega 3-6-9 just tstarted this eve so we shall see if any dif is made with anxiety, mood etc. I have been suffering lately from I have no idea what it is as I have never had any issues like this but shortness of breath, static in my head and thinking really messed up feeling. I already ruled out heart or lung issues with dr, xray and stress testing so all I can think is panic attacks and anxiety but since I have never had those have no idea what they are supposed to feel like. I just want to be happy and normal again and not think that to feel normal I need a drink. You are all awesoem for being here for me and each other and I know it takes alot to say hey I need help again I am 32 and have been drinking since I ws 14 and it has taken me this long to step out and say it outside of my home. Right now I am going to go read You Can Heal Your Life (great book I bought) and try to think what it is that usually triggers why I feel I need a drink when I get home, if I can figure that out might make it easier for me to avoid or not think of as much and help me on my path. Well I cannot say it enough Thanks for your open welcome and open ears. Have a super sweet eve to everyone here!

S&T32

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Welcome sickandtired! Glad you found us! You will feel better in no time. Alcohol wreaked havoc on my anxiety problems. Once I stopped drinking for a while, I found so much relief and pretty much have no anxiety.

Keep reading and posting!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Hi S&T , again, our friend Alcohol makes anxiety problems worse. you mentioned shortness of breath, well, if I drank a lot the night before, I notice that symptom, I believe at least in my case it is anxiety.
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

Okay last night was okay. I took St Johns wort which btw gives one terrible gas and gas pains, more oains than gas thakfully LOL I read my book, wrote in my journal and then hit the bed at 10 pm. My mind was still racing as I laid down which is usually does but I felt better about myself that I was going to bed AF. I also noticed that the shortness or breath and "anxiety" feelings were not there or I just did not notice them or dwell on them?? The book I am reading is a great help and along with your support here the supplements I can see my path clearly and walk slowly and pateintly. Although a friend of mine in CA emails me this morn and says she is sending me wine, my mind went mmm yummy CA reds I do not want to hurt her feelings as she went out especially to purhcase them for me and can't tell her thanks but no thanks so that bridge I will have to cross when they arrive at my door. Maybe I will just not open the package when it does arrive, can't tempt me if I do not see it right? Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do if temptation strikes and I falter? Thanks wishing you all a super sweet one today......

S&T32

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

As dexter, said, this place is great. There is so much surport and help.
                              Read the book, get the supps and cds, I found them really helpful.........I'm not totally Af yet.......thats my goal. I found once I got over the nightly couple of glasses, (that took about a week, )I went to Gym at the time pr went for a walk I found it much easier
                              Stay here, read and post and you will succeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X