Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick Tired New Here

S&T32,
    Have you had your blood levels checked? Shortness of breath and head static may be due to anemia, get it checked. I can relate to drinking during the tween hours. I work have 2 kids do the homework and drinking and dinner thing. I find if I can get past 6 or 7 I am fine. It ain't easy though. Keep posting.
    :welcome:
    rudemama

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

S & T 32!
      :goodjob: :thumbs: mg YOU DID IT! CONGRATULAITONS!
      You did it! You did not drink last night! Do you know how great that is?!!!!! YOU ROCK!
      (I knew you could do it!)
      HUGS
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

As far as physical health (from a medical stand point) I am all good, I recently had my blood work done, stress test, chest xray, ekg lol so think it is more to do with inner issues causing outter issues. I am not using the Cd's or books offered here the book I am reading is Called You Can Heal Your Life and it really is a big help at least to me. I am afriad of faultering because my husband is not really my support line, if I slip I do not get honey it will be okay I am here for you I get why are you drinking, what is wrong with you you said you were not going to then that turns in to a total ugly argument. Yes he does tell me he loves me when I am sober and that is the real me a happy me but he only talks to me when I am sober like this and offers to talk to me about my issue only when I am sober if I need help when I have had a drink I get pushed away and attacked on a verbal level. I do not know what is the best approach for me either to try to stop drinking all together or try to control it and minimize it to a normal level. I just do not want to fail my family and that is what is most important to me. I did find that those hours I am usually drinkign after work, lol without a drink I am a cooking machine. I love to cook and create and last night made not one dinner but two and almost made banana muffins and stopped and went what are you doing go sit down and read, lol I am not one to sit still land relax so this part will be hard for me as I am usualy doing something while I am drinking not just sitting there downing the drinks but claenaing the house, ebay stuff, cooking etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how one who has never relaxed in her life can give it a shot?? BTW I have only been here one day and want to say you all ROCK!
        ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

S & T 32,
          I had to sit down one day and tell myself how important I am to ME! and that I deserved "time off" and that if I wanted to watch the TV for an evening it was my TV and I damn sure could!
          But all of that said, it is very difficult for us to tell ourselves we deserve the time. It is even more difficult if you have spouse and children who have been trained...by us...to expect us to do certain things all the time. This journey you are going on will be an ...excercise? for all of you...you will need to assert yourself as having value to yourself, and assert to them that you are going to excercise that value and they may have to get used to a new you.
          I'm sorry I cannot address the "spouse" issue. My wife has been so glad I finally started to get sober..she is giving me lots of support. Maybe in time, as your start this journey, your hubby will see what you are doing and start to provide some support when you need it most.
          Hugs and best wishes!
          BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Sick Tired New Here

bald headed old guy;271741 wrote: S & T 32,
            I had to sit down one day and tell myself how important I am to ME! and that I deserved "time off" and that if I wanted to watch the TV for an evening it was my TV and I damn sure could!
            But all of that said, it is very difficult for us to tell ourselves we deserve the time. It is even more difficult if you have spouse and children who have been trained...by us...to expect us to do certain things all the time. This journey you are going on will be an ...excercise? for all of you...you will need to assert yourself as having value to yourself, and assert to them that you are going to excercise that value and they may have to get used to a new you.
            I'm sorry I cannot address the "spouse" issue. My wife has been so glad I finally started to get sober..she is giving me lots of support. Maybe in time, as your start this journey, your hubby will see what you are doing and start to provide some support when you need it most.
            Hugs and best wishes!
            BHOG
            (((HUGS))) BHOG...thanks and yes my journey has just begun....
            ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X