Ode to Beetroots for jaqcui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how many of you know Jacqui. She is a frequent member of the midnight chat-room. Well, it is the late night chat-room in the states. Jacqui lives on the continent of Europe so it is not late night there, but I really like the term “midnight chat-room”.
    I like Jacqui. She is fun to chat with, but the thing that is most fun about Jacqui is her beetroot breaks. Jacqui has to break from the chat room often to go make and eat beetroots. In the states we would call them beets, but where Jacqui lives they are beetroots. You see Jacqui is pregnant and I am not sure what is going on inside that belly of hers, but whatever it is, it wants beets; lots and lots of beets! So many beets that when Jacqui went to her last doctor’s appointment she produced a purple urine sample. Needless to say the doctor was concerned. Jacqui did explain the purple stained pee to the doctor and then the doctor explained the calorie content of the beetroot to Jacqui. Jacqui is not getting enough food for the beet craving baby.
    Jacqui has now remedied the calorie concern by coating the beetroots in chocolate. All together now, “Yuck!” Jacqui is also craving prawns, a.k.a. shrimp. So beets, chocolate and shrimp, once more with feeling, “Yuck!”
    So, I started wondering what could be growing in Jacqui’s belly and what could be in beets that the little bugger wants so bad. I did a little research and here is what I found:
    There are 3 primary things in beets; folate, manganese and potassium. These nutrients in beets have been found to help protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers. Beets have the highest sugar content of all vegetables, yet are very low in calories. So you get to have your sweets and eat them too. But that is not the best part. Apparently the legendary Russian Centenarians ate a lot of beets, mainly in a stew called Borscht. They are legendary for a cultural history of longevity, most living anywhere from 100 to 165 years!!! WOW!
    Jacqui, you are having a little Russian!!!!! I am so excited!!! I went ahead and looked up some names of some famous Russian Centenarians so you can pick one for your little beetroot-loving bundle of joy who is likely to outlive his/her own children.
    Vasily
    Nikolay
    Vehuda
    Boris
    Emma
    Igor
    Sergey
    Ivan
    Sarhat
    Nicolas

Congratulations!!!

Croft, you are making me giggle again, and I'm supposed to be working . I haven't had beets in a while. they are good if they are fresh. But Jacqui, don't name your child Igor, might not go over well on the playground !!:H
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Peter the Great???
      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

nice post croft..well jacqiu.the name i like is// nicolas //.but hey eat more beets.and have a healthy kid maybe twins. just kidding have a great day to all
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I like Sergey... Jaquiu have a healthy happy bundle of joy and eat your beets!!!
          ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Ack, the devil made beets, as well as asparagus and brussel sprouts. But I bet if they had a liquor flavored drink with those, I would've drank them if I didn't have anything else in the house!
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

oh, come on Noelle, beets are tasty and colorful
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Do we know that the baby even has a "Peter," great or not? If the little Russky is a girl, I vote for "Anastasia." And beets are delicious (fresh.) Eat up, mama.
                Jane Jane

Comment

Very clever Croft. Jacqui, u said Joseph, But it could be Joseph Ivan........

Comment

I tried to search for jacqui so she could read this, but I could not find her. if any of you see her on chat can you point her here so she can read it. I had told her I was going to write about her beet addiction.

Comment

Petrova?? Just in case it does not have a Peter. LOL.
                      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Petrovary?

Comment

croft lol lol lol sorry only just found....yes i love my beets must be fresh and cooked by my own hands then i cut them into chunks and coat in choclate um um......as for the name how about BB...baby beet....
                          Love to all
                          Jacqui xxxx
                          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

jacqui;272992 wrote: croft lol lol lol sorry only just found....yes i love my beets must be fresh and cooked by my own hands then i cut them into chunks and coat in choclate um um......as for the name how about BB...baby beet....
                            Love to all
                            Jacqui xxxx
                            I LOVE BB cute and clever Jacqui !!!!!
                            ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Ha ha ha........go on then jacqui, let`s call him/her Baby Beet `til the birth. Am sure choccie coated beetroots will do Baby Beet the world of good.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Working...
                              X