Be gone you moping demons from hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been moping around my life since Tuesday night and I am now through. I am done. Time to get back to it. Life is short and I have given enough to the moping monsters. Be gone you moping demons from hell!

I spent the last hour reflecting on my life since the 18th of January and it was quite revealing. Before MWO I was drinking in the morning, drinking at lunch, drinking in the afternoon and drinking in the evening. I was drinking beer, vodka, wine, rum and whisky. I was drinking while I painted, drinking while I cooked, while I read, while I gardened, while I sewed and while I drove. I drank when we went out for dinner and while I did just about everything else. I was always on the lookout for opportunities to drink.
    Now, post MWO, I can go 2 to 3 days with no drinks at all. It has been over 2 weeks, maybe even 3 now, since I drank in the morning. I think it has been that long since I have drank before 5 in the afternoon. And other than my slip last Tuesday I have not had more than 2 glasses of red wine in one day in the last couple of weeks. So in 4 weeks I have gone from drinking all day long to hardly drinking at all, other than maybe a couple of glasses of wine with dinner; the big exception being Tuesday night.
    Now I have taken a lot of heat over that one Tuesday night. But I have taken the last of the heat. I AM DONE! I am going to celebrate all the other nights since the 18th of January that I was successful in my quest. I know that there have been more successful nights than unsuccessful and that will be my focus as I move into my week. Alone or with the people who love me, either way. Because this quest is not for them, but for me. It is I who has found my "mean-it" voice. It is I who must meet this challenge and come out the survivor. Onward and upward!

You should be PROUD!!! I would be if it were me I am still working on making it past 3 days, lol I WILL do it!! Enjoy your reflection, accomplishments, relax and be happy for yourself.
    Reach for the feeling of Well-Being first, and evrything else will fall into place. Be selfish enough to follow your bliss and you will tap into teh natural, Pure, Positive Essence of YOU!!~The teachings of Abraham~

S&T32
    ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

go for it croft you will do it. strong post very positive. again go for it and good luck
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

CROFT IS BACK!!!

You can do this, Crofty. :l

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Good for you, Croft.

I let what my mom said to me really hurt me and get me down today. I mean big time.

I felt like I truly was not the loving daughter, wife, mother, grandmother I should be.

Hell. I have been here for all of them. Everytime someone has been sick or in the hospital, I have been there.

When mom had foot surgery, I took time off work so I could be there for her and dad. When she broke her hip, I took time off work and stayed on a cot in the hospital with her and dad for two weeks while she got well.

To be told that "if I loved her enough" I would never drink again was kind of mean, actually. I know she is old and she didn't mean it the way it came across.

It is my issue to figure out.

But I am with you, Croft. Moping to hell.

I am back!!

Love,
          Cindi

ps. My hubby told me to ignore it, she is old and doesn't know any other way to make me "toe the line." :H :H
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

You go girl, that is awesome!!!!!
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

YAY CROFT!!! SHE'S BACK!!!!:rockband:

Seriously, I don't know what I would do without you and some of the people on this site. Lot of misery here today and I hope ALL of us are better tomorrow.

(And Patty, what the heck, another avatar change? My head is spinning. OK, that's not so unusual :H )
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Hi Croft

you are amazing !!My goodness what an achievement to go from all day drinking to getting down to just a few wines here and ther!!Do you feel physically and mentally better yet or is it early days for you.

Keep positive for today sounds to me you are on the slow journey to REAL change in your life and all the mroved Self esteem that goes with that.

Fantastic and so so pleased for you...nobody said it would be easy and we have to watch out for the " internal voice " that wants to pull us off the track we are heading.

Have a great day..and when we slip the thing to do is get back on the road to change rather than feeling defeated.

Keep posting for support and to give us all encouragement please.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Great croft! Way to land on your feet!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

rock on sister

:rockband:
                    rudemama

Comment

YOU GO, GIRL!
                      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

The "House of Croft" sounds good,could be a series of novels. Hope you are feeling happy and better.

All the best danny

Comment

You should feel real Proud of yourself.

Comment

Great for you croft,always look at the positive side......And I think you are doing great
                            Love Jacqui xxx
                            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

CRA-OFT, CRA-OFT, CRA-OFT, ALL TOGETHER NOW!!!! Keep the cheering coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X