Candy Crutch WTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candy Crutch WTH

Okay I am usually not one to east candy, cakes, pies or sweets. On very rare occasions I do have small amounts of chocolate mmm who doesn't love dark choclate. Well not drinking today and have found myself unknowingly devouring a bag of hershey kisses AHHHH I do not want to be doing this and when I relaized what I was doing went HUH what why where did this craving or urge come from. I even found myself tempted to eat my kids banana cream twinkie things but put those back again I DO NOT eat cakes and pies or sweet in general. Has anyone else found themselves craving or eating something they normally would not be since they have started this AF journey??? I am now craving BBQ so at least that I do eat but sad I have eaten way too many kisses alread ew ew

S&T32
    ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Candy Crutch WTH

Alcohol is pure sugar. When we stop drinking sugar in liquid form it is very common to start eating sweets. I am not a sweet eater whatsoever when I am drinking wine, but when I go AF I start eating a lot of it. Some of the supplements can help to lessen the craving like l-glutamine.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

me too, I is fed up with all that sugar shit. i lost 30 lbs. right away when I stopped drinkie, went back home to the stress filled environment and have been growing ever since. I rather be on the run away from home and NOT being some mans slave. I have decided to STOP sugar NOW and eat better.

~Ripped~
      pyssed....

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

If you get some quality dark chocolate, gourmet style, you won't need to eat it all, just a small piece now and then. Stay away from filled chocolates (too many calories) or anything that will "dilute" the dark chocolate such as nuts, caramel, crunchy things. Hershey's does have a dark chocolate bar, it's not the best but will do in a pinch. Be prepared to pay a little more. You will begin to savour each little taste treat. I have even lost weight by allowing myself this indulgence. I kind of see it as my supplement/meds!
        sigpic

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

yea have been eating alot more good and bad stuff .but am trying to put on the pounds ..............but on the funny side when i want to read your post and i look to upper left corner and see your avatar ..when does next months issue come out ....please dont take this the wrong way.just trying to be funny.
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

tlrgs;274146 wrote: yea have been eating alot more good and bad stuff .but am trying to put on the pounds ..............but on the funny side when i want to read your post and i look to upper left corner and see your avatar ..when does next months issue come out ....please dont take this the wrong way.just trying to be funny.
            LOL thanks TLRGS next month issue well...next month Are you going to subscribe hee hee. I do usually eat only gourmet dark chocolates in very small amounts but today GD the hershey monster got me. I have Lindt in my cubord three types chili, mint and plain darl and have had them for ahile now and just a nibble here and there so hopefully my will power of the sweets will ease up. I am making healthy banana muffins now, do not really eat muffins either again I usually stay away from anything with lots of processed sugars and flours...well I guess except the alcohol.
            ~Life is not measured by the breaths we take. Rather by the moments in life that take our breath away~ Author Unknown

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

I made some granola with chocolate peanut butter coating. It is a little high in calories, but lots of nutrients. I've been eating it to satisfy that craving since I went AF (21 days!). I get tired of chewing before I eat too much.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

I like ice lollies.........fruit flavoured ice ones only.......no ice cream centres!!!! :H I also like to make a sugar free jelly to have in fridge...........both are very low in calories and satisfy a sugar craving.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

This is too funny that i am reading this now. As I am typing I am baking peanut butter reese's pieces cookies for the third night! Thanks for reminding me about the L-glut I forgot I had some I will start taking it again - but dang the cookies sure are good right out of the oven!!! LOL

Comment

Candy Crutch WTH

Try fruit juice, it's also a sugar drink (pure carbs) but healthier than candy. If you like vegetable juice, carrot is a pretty good sugar high, very high glycemic index.
                    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                    - George Jackson

Comment

Working...
                    X