Hoping this isnt day three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meaning, third day in a row of drinking.

I drank again yesterday after busting the day before after three weeks of sobriety. I went back to my stranglehold love - Cab Sav. I really enjoyed it too

I cant start this again, I just cannot.
    Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Straight-

I think for many of us, after a period of success, we "forget" all the reasons we wanted this, and just remember what we miss about drinking. I think we sometimes have to be reminded...sometimes many times...til we figure it out. I hope you don't drink tonight, but if you do, and continue, you will soon enough "remember" and want to come and try again...

Just keep on trying...it is all we can do!

With love,

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

I agree... after a period of success, we tend to forget why we wanted this. The feelings of 'desperation' slightly deminish bringing us into a complacent frame of mind.

Unfortunately we have to be aware all of the time in order to stay strong.

You can do this StraighLines! Muster up that strength again and give another go at it.

Comment

It does seem like AL has an uncanny ability to reach into our brains and turn off our memory switch and convinces us after a time of AF that we can 'handle' it. You have proved that you can get some time of sobriety under you so therefore YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!!!!! I say starting right now - what do you say????

come on you can do it

pbear
        when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

Hang in there Straight. I have been messing up too, but I refuse to give up!!
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

I went AF for over 3 years...then started slipping. Very gradually at first (i.e. few glasses of wine over a few days, then nothing for a couple of months). But eventually I worked my up to where I was before I stopped. Sometimes (many times) worse. Last time I stopped I didn't have the tools I do this this time around -- meaning MWO and this supportive community. I've had incredible mindchatter -- especially this weekend because my family was away and I was on my own. A perfect situation to drink in peace. But I didn't. I came here alot and lurked mostly. Take it an hour at a time -- less if you have to, Straightlines. We're all here for you. :h
            ~K.

Comment

Day three.

God I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not a fan of this hideous disease, dont you agree?

Why cant I be addicted to ultimate health or something? arrrghhhhh.

Love to you all, thank you for being here for me, seriously. You are a lifeline right now. I didnt plan this.
              Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Working...
              X