Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW DO I FIGURE OUT WHAT MY TRIGGERS ARE?(LOOONNNGG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto Satori, Though nowhere near complacent, I am grateful for every single day of sobriety, I remember so well my first selfish days here and the support I received from those further up the mountain so to speak. There was always an outstretched hand or 20 willing to pull me up.

I thank you all.

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hey Satori - I agree with what you said about needing a 'fairly "quiet" mind and a fairly high degree of "awareness" going on in everyday life to be really successful.' Someone once told me that those who don't go "within" usually go "without" in the long term. I also struggle with the day-to-day stuff...I can fly off the handle over the silliest things (although they certainly don't seem silly at the time), but have done fairly well with AF -- it's day 20AF and I'm feeling very strong.

Hang in there, lillyatter....your insights will come. Keep digging! :h
      ~K.

Comment

Again,thank you all for your thoughts,ideas,encouragement and just being here!I really feel like this place is a dream come true for meand am SO GRATEFUL for you all. Satori-I am nowhere near a Buddist,but I have spent time at the Chopra center in CA and done a lot of meditating-I definatley notice a huge difference in all areas of my life when i am spending time with myself in that way.I am not sure why I have gotten off track with all of those things (meditating,exercise,spending time just BEING-etc)-that I know make me feel so good?It's like i feel so unhealthy and far gone that it is too hard to start,even thought I know that it has not been that long ago that I was there,you know?I think you guys havereminded me of some tools that i have in my arsenal that I need to simply pull out and USE-be mindful,get back to taking the time to meditate,exercise,the two column lists (Thanks DOWDJW!forgot about those!)....Basically I need to come up with a plan and execute.I think i have been sitting here at this computer overwhelming myself w/ the thought of supplements,meds,which threads to read,books to buy,vitamins to take,foods to eat...there's really not a magic formula,is there?I need to figure out what I want for my life and what i don't want anymore.

Ok,I am signing off-I am going to grab some paper and pen and spend some time getting back to my dreams and getting myself excited about my life again!!!Thank you guys :O)
        :lRebecca

Comment

Working...
        X