• Show
Clear All

knock knock

Whose there?
    Rehab.
    Rehab who?
    Rehab you.

I'm sorry, I think I have to do it.
    My big girl pants fell off. Laying by the side of the road with someone's stray shoe. Isn't that wierd how there is just a single shoe in the road? That can be my story of the day when I get home. "I saw a shoe in the road today". How does that happen? Not a pair. Just one. All by itself. Back to topic. I just can't seem to keep them on (big girl pants - I seem to manage the shoes). I had an appt. today and the person made sure noboby was after me because of my last 2 times (I was loud in a quite place) and they didn't know what to expect. This person was very graceful about it and only told me that when I began to emote a bit and I looked at the time and said um.. don't you have someone next? Well, I took the time and poured my heart out. And I mean poured it out. Said things face to face that I have only said here. This person has been concerned for me for 2 months (my escalation period, well, that't low balling) but never said until today. Well, said todayI was better so I guess that's good. But I think I may have to bail and go somewhere. Maybe hubby can take some time off and just babysit me. I REALLY want to do this on my own. I can't seem to get off my arse and onto my feet. I love the word arse.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

knock knock

you ok?

hey green...you ok?...want to go to chat?
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

knock knock

Greenie, I also love the word arse. i am glad you saw somebody. but let us know if you are OK and what you've decided to do.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

knock knock

knock knock...who's there.beer.beer who?...the beer that always fucks up your life you dumb cow."

that is my door, hon...

Comment

knock knock

I just don't know. You know how I feel about rehab. I need a babysitter. Pill parade. Brush your teeth first so you don't throw it up. Horrid isn't it? And I actually TOLD this person!! And we are not talking confidentiality laws here. But she looked at me and said do you throw up? OMG. She was so kind and understanding and I hope confidential. What a stunning moment for me.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

knock knock

I will pm you my number...call if you want...collect if you can't afford it.

love and hugs,
            Kim

Comment

knock knock

hi greeneyes.. glad to hear you are talking to someone outside of the forums .all the help you get. so that you can really give it your best. keep us posted.good luck
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

knock knock

Oh Green, I know how you feel. I don't even like the idea of seeing a therapist, let alone go to rehab.
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

knock knock

I am here if you need to talk as well. And I am happy to PM my number as well. All expenses paid.

Do what you need to do. This shit ain't no disco.

Comment

knock knock

Greeneyes,

Consider carefully. Truly.

Detoxing in rehab is so much easier than trying to do it on your own. It really is.

However, as I learned, very sadly, it is only a first step.

Think about all the steps. The steps of detoxing, learning about what you must go through to think sober, how to live sober, what you want, how you are going to deal with being sober, etc.

My insurance only covered two weeks of rehab. My daughter sneeringly called that "enhanced detox" and said she really worried at the time it was not enough.

She was right.

So, rehab is good, DO NOT misunderstand what I am saying. But, if you are going to commit to something, ANYTHING, make it something that is going to help you reach your final goal. That is sobriety that encompasses happiness, satisfaction with your life and joy.

I am working on it.

Love,
                    Cindi

ps. detox is nothing to laugh at, though, first and hardest step!! omg. eeek.
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

knock knock

I liked rehab because they detoxed me with meds. No heebie-jeebies. I was there for two weeks. I really worked on not drinking and lasted over 2 1/2 years. The reason I started again was because my doctor told me I could probably handle drinking occasionally. So I had a drink every so often and now I'm back where I started, well -17 days. This was back in the early '90s. I think doctors think different now, ya think?

In rehab they take care of everything for you. It was almost scary leaving to the big bad outside. But it gave me a HUGE head start.

Good luck! :*
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

knock knock

Good luck and be true to yourself. If it's rehab that will do it - do it. I know what you mean about being babysat and also not being able to do it yourself.

Take good care, you are a worthy person that this shit shouldnt be happening to.
                        Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

knock knock

Croft;276247 wrote: This shit ain't no disco.
                          Croft, perfectly said as always. damn, this shit really AIN"T no disco.
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

knock knock

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing and let you know I am thinking of you. I have done a 30 day rehab program and learned LOTS - I was sober for 6 months. I hope you do whatever is right for YOU - but honey sometimes we need to reach out for help and it's OK to ask for help, this is a something that is more powerful than we are and we can't always be able to battle it on our own - praying for you

Pbear
                            when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

knock knock

dexterhead;276286 wrote: Croft, perfectly said as always. damn, this shit really AIN"T no disco.
                              My thoughts exactly!!
                              Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Working...
                              X