hi there..just say no to al and face your fears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use to think. it was the only way to live.work all day and drink all night until bed time. and sometimes not even go to bed and stay up al night drunk .then go to work. not drinking at work.come home and do it all over again.but i got to say now it has been almost 4 months.and now feeling so good about myself.i though i would have lost it by now and went back to drinking.and the way i feel now. is that al has taken so much away from me. i dont want to lose anymore now and forever. am facing my fears being able to walk into a bar . to grab something to eat and drink coffee, coke,ice tea,and frogger am thinking of you on this one/ cook out / and friends getting together. am ok with it now.hell if am going to miss a good cook out and if i am doing the cooking it comes out great.and the fear of being pulled over by police . hell it still happens but am not drinking so i cant help but laugh at him or her.because i am a safe driver.and i work on my own trucks. so i would know if there was anything wrong with them. the fear of not being able to handle an emergecy.that is a good one before i allways over react.or get piss off.and now i can accept things the way they happen. look at them with a clear mind and make the right decision.without the yelling and all that other stuff that comes with al.and the big fear. addmitting that i am an alcoholic and now know that i am better off staying sober for myself and everyone else....
    for now am done my fingers hurt
    and hey help me find anymore fears that i might have miss.
    theres are alot more
    :happy: :hug: :wings: :wings:
    and give yourself a pat on your back just for being you
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Amazing wise words there....THANKYOU for that. xxxx

Well done on your sobriety, I needed to hear all that.
    Wake me up low with a fever~Walking in a straight line~ Set me on fire in the evening~Everything will be fine~Waking up strong in the morning~Walking in a straight line~Lately I?m a desperate believer~But walking in a straight line

Comment

Wow Tlgrs!!!!!! You are such an amazing addition to this group!!! you are a godsend with the hope that you bring me .. that I can soon, maybe?, get this beast off my back. Thank you so much for your posts, the way you focus on the things in life that matter, and how much you have learned.:h You are so valued here.
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Tlrgs ... I'm so glad you're here. You have a lot on your plate yet always find good words to say to us all. Thank you.

Comment

Congrats Tigrs! You really sound like you have your head on straight. You really are giving me something to look forward to. Thanks!
          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Thats a gr8 point about driving sober. Now that I'm not always driving around with a 24oz and a major buzz, I don't worry so much about being pulled over. Honestly the only time I EVER abided by the speed limit was when I was drinking.

Comment

Fabulous post, tlrgs.

So happy for your hard-earned success.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Morning tlrgs - you really bring things into full color!
                Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here - this was a great post to read this morning.
                I want to come down for a cookout!!!

Love wonder xx

Comment

:rockon:

Comment

me too!!!

Tlrgs, I want to come visit for a cookout too!! Only,what, an 8 hour drive!!??

You are profound in what you shared w/ us!! Thanks, you do have alot on your plate too........hope gf is doing better.......and the drinking/driving thing, I am the QUEEN of that, just sooooooo lucky I haven't gotten a DUI(a "not yet" as they say in AA) Anyway, Believe, I can relate, it is hard to drive without some sort of drink between my legs(that didn't sound too well, but you know what I mean!?)

Thanks again Tlrgs!!:thanks:

Love and hugs!:h

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Ah...T...you big Hunk of burning love! We are on the same path experiencing the same obstacles. Doesn't all that "other" beverage taste good? betcha pee a lot more now....hahahahaha. ANd the panic button is out of order for once! Yeah...those nerve ending are dead. We don't get rattled up over minor things now, we face them and fix them. Keep coming T...its a pleasure chatting and buring up the boards. The electric sound is hysterical. I laugh so hard hubby comes in and says whats so funny in here....KEEP COMINNG HUN....please send no more balls, just words.

:h Luv ya dear
                      ~Rippled Pink~
                      :h

Comment

af one week

That was a great detailed, open letter and helpful in many ways. 4 months. WOW
                        I ave been on campral for one month, but have only been completely AF for one week, which for me is a long time. This weekend I have to go to my 65 year old friends Goddess birthday party an there will be wine, so I have to re-think everything, bring my own favorite af drinks. Thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

hi there.. everyone.. thankx for your replys . today just sittting around .thinking.its all good but. my gf had to go back to the hopital last night . she was hurting in the belly . well they did a catscan and they found some black spots down in the female area.praying for no cancer. if so .they cut the toy box out. and they say she can still have sex. sex what is that. havent seen any. but i love her away . and heres another fear lack of performing. dont have to worry about that. she in the hospital more times. then i can count.and am thinking of getting life ins on her LOL but really there are so many fears out there i havent seen yet and dont want to. but if they come my way i think i could handle it. so far so good..
                          for now everyone have a great day please

Comment

hi to everyone well heres another fear.
                            speakiing in front of a whole crowd of people.
                            without drinking to feel confedent.

Comment

just wanted to say thank you so very much for this post - it gives me soooooo much hope that I can grab hold of sobriety and face my fears head on and sober

:thanks:
                              when you fail at something is when you learn and grow the most

Comment

Working...
                              X