Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the wagon...

Hi everyone,

It looks like some members have changed: old ones have dropped off, welcome new ones!

The last time i visited here would have been mid-late 2007. Things have been okay, stopped my binge drinking which is good. But, am back on the long-term, constant 'one glass after another' drinking.

News: got caught drink-driving, lost my licence for 6 months. You would have thought that would stop me from drinking, but no... i am on my bike, riding around to the bottle shop, getting wine.

Oh anyway, the reason i am drinking is i am bored. I can pretty much fill in the days, it's the evenings that are the worst. Don't get me wrong, my life is not bad by any means, i just find myself sitting around with about 4 hours or so to kill and that's when the cork is popped.

Last night i set out to "only have a glass or two" (you know how the story goes). Well, once the bottle was opened, i couldn't help finishing the rest.

So, anyway, here i am today, feeling slightly seedy and realising i need at least 1 alcohol-free day to clear my head. Life is okay, but i am semi-unemployed, so i really feel like it is time to find a job.

I am going for a walk tonight, wish me luck on my AF adventure

Btw, what happened to the newbies in need thread? I guess the same few people got sick of starting it? Maybe if i'm here more often, i will jump in and get it started for a while.

:goodjob: to everyone and we'll see how we go. (I've already got a headache, lol).
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Back on the wagon...

Hi Change,

Sorry about the DUI! Hang in there, things will get better.

MyHeart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Welcome back Change!
      Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
      April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
      wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
      wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
      wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
      wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
      wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
      wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
      http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Hi Change, great to see you again. Yes I can relate to the one or two glasses creeping up and the hours to kill..... you know the drill, back you come home to us - lol.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Change,

:welcome: Back!!

Newbies in Need has become the ODAT (One Day At a Time) thread.

Name change, same thread.

Mostly because it wasn't really just for newbies, lots of long termers hung around that thread, too.

Hope you find a job, perhaps you can find something that breaks your day up into periods where you usually drink?? Maybe that would keep you busy.

Anyway, best of luck and ODAT is a good place to start with one day AF!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Hi change........great to have you back with us.

Seems like that`s the reality for so many, eh?..........thinking you have a grip of your drinking.........letting your guard down.........and you`re back drinking almost, if not as bad as before.

The important thing is that you`ve recognized this before it`s too late. Sorry about the DUI, but you`ll just have to do your best to come out the other side of that one as best you can. Things are already looking up for you........you`re back at MWO, so with our help and your own determination, it`s time to slay that beast, eh ?

Wishing you love and renewed strength.

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Change - Just wondering, how did your walk go last night?
              ~K.

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Kirova,

Really good. I highly recommend exercise.
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Back on the wagon...

Change,
                  I can't say "welcome back" because I was not here when you were before. But I'm here now, so :welcome: from another newcomer. Hope to get to know more about you as time goes on!
                  Stay Strong!
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Back on the wagon...

I can definetely relate to being bored. The hubby travels and the kids are doing there own thing. But life get even more boring always having a hangover everyday. Its not fun to always be so tired to do much more than the basics. Not to mention feel guilty everyday. I also had a dui, nothing stops you from going to the store for more wine. Hang in. I am on day three. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X