life is oh-so-odd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life is oh-so-odd

Yesterday I voted at a pollling place I last voted at in 1992. This was when I was engaged and full of fears and hopes about our future. I was 20something, and so naive. This time, a shockingly different voter. Divorced, shattered about love and relationhips. Now 40-sometihing instead of 20-something. Oddly, after years away and abroad, back in the same city I moved to just after college. I've been through so much change and so much pain. It leads me to wonder if I should focus on leaving this city, where I fell in love and where my ex still lives, where so much beauty and so much pain took place for me. don' know ..just confused.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

life is oh-so-odd

Hmmmm,

Do you have kids with said ex? If not that makes things pretty simple.

Take Care,

Myheart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Dexterhead,

INTERESTING post!

Did you have trouble voting inter- or intra- party?

Just curious.

Dyed-in-the-wool-Dem,
      -HopefulNow
      Taking it all in

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

its not the place that makes the person.its the things they do that makes the person feel better. hope thiss sounds right am getting tired. waiting around for my girl friend again she back in the hospital belly pains this time
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

HOPE!
          You slay me!!!!:H
          Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
          April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
          wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
          wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
          wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
          wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
          wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
          wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
          http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Dex,
            love,
            Life is life, just carry on and things will be fine.

Hugs,
            K
            Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
            April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
            wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
            wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
            wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
            wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
            wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
            wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
            http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Hi Dex, perhaps you are back there for a reason, to lay down old ghosts etc? Time for reflection and amends perhaps? Enjoy memory lane but leave it where it is - in the past. Embrace the new you, the adult you. Hope all is okay.

Lx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Dex, is anything specific (other than past experiences/relationships) keeping you rooted there?
                ~K.

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Hi dexter,
                  I think you need to work through all that has happened in your past life, just as I have yet to do. I can`t see that relocating would make a world of difference to anyone`s past, unless something horrific had happened in a particular place.

I think many of us need to move on spiritually when we quit drinking, and I don`t doubt the intense work that shall entail, but I think it`s a psychological "shift", rather than a physical move we need. :l

Starlight Impress x

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Dex,

I agree with Star. It is not the physical changes but the mental ones that matter.

If you want to move for practical reasons, then do, otherwise, it won't make a difference. Really.

I have moved all my life. Army brat, army wife, then moved with jobs anyway. The only thing moving did was change the landscape and saved me from spring cleaning the last house.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

cindi........"saved me from spring cleaning the last house"..........LMAO

To think I thought my "relaxed" attitude towards cleaning was unique. :H :H :H

Starlight Impress xxx

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

P.S.

cindi.........when Don embarks on a world tour, he can come and clean our places, after all............Don likes cleaning.

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Dex - come live with me in Boulder. We will take Travolta Cat dancing every night!!!

"Grove is in the Heeeaarrrtttt"

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

I agree with Star............but one thing I have to say is, if seeing everything around you brings back bad memories and stops you from moving on, then move, but eventually the mental baggage will find you. When I moved jobs or locations I use to look at in like a clean slate, it helped for awhile.......( no one had stories of my drunken escapades! ) but in the end, my ghosts found me no matter how much I hid.
                            And please, stay away from Croft...........Boulder would never be the same!

Comment

life is oh-so-odd

Thank you all for posting on a maudlin thread I wrote while drinking. euuuuuuu.... yes, I have a lot of work to do, although obviously the issues are real. Well, what keeps me here is a job, which are very hard to come by in my field, but I may end up going back to Chicago.
                              Hopeful, the ward i voted in is so hard-core Democratic that only like 20 people out of a thousand-some bucked the trend.
                              And Croft, I'm packing my bags, Travolta Cat and I are heading your direction
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X