Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to AA

Greeneyes,

That was such an uplifting post! You are a very strong woman! I am just so happy for you and I know you can do this!

Myheart
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Comment

I went to AA

yes Hart, me too, now I am thinking ... Greenie is inspiring me
      :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

I went to AA

Thank you for sharing Greeneyes. I for one have been afraid of meetings because I do not know what to expect. Your story took a big bite out of my fears. I wish you well.
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I went to AA

Thanks for sharing Green, I have had some awful days this week and if I don't get some
          sobriety I think I will be dead. When I got up this morning, my husband had pinned AA
          phone no on notice board, so I called them and I am going to a meeting tonight.

Comment

I went to AA

chip meeting.

There are many kinds of meetings...get an AA handbook, most meetings have them, it covers your entire state for days, times, location, topics, gender, all information regarding AA and its offers.
            green, you will find a comfortable spot eventually, you must go for a bit first. your first was a chip meeting, they are NOT all that way. there is much more.

toodles~
            ~Ripple~
            :l

Comment

I went to AA

Paula, first of all good for you. My understanding is that different groups are, well..... different groups. Mine was on page 7 of the steps. Well, I had not read anything Big book or steps o r whatever, but it was OK. If you call your local number (which I did months ago) the guy told me about this place, and made the rec because it close by, was a fairly large group (easy to be invisible- well except for last night but that was my thing) with consistent members (stability of support) and a fair number of females. That's odd isn't it as this site is certainly female dominant. So call and let them make recs for certain meetings.
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I went to AA

Oh Greenie I am so proud of you! I am :yougo: for you! This will be one more tool for you. It doesn't hurt to have as many tools as we can to fight this monster in our brains. Now we'll want an update next week. Your accountability group is bigger than that room full of people in the Church :what?: Just joking - you share as you want. I love ya!
                Liv
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I went to AA

Yeah, Greeneyes!!

I stared going to a woman's meeting three weeks ago and was petrified. I arrived early, met a very nice lady who led the group for Discussion and she really made the meeting very bearable along with others (And yes, I got a white chip,too!) I went from petifid to lauging as many on the memebrs shared thier experiences. (Many I am sorry to admit can relate to) Each woman's story ranged from scary to stupid, to embarrassing tosome instances that were downright humorous!

I found mysyelf amazingly comfortable being around people "just like me." At then end andwhen I got my "chip" I got more welcomes and hugs. I have been twie weekly since and hope to try another m/f meeting too soon.

Th first time is hardest but the relief is worth it....

Comment

I went to AA

I have managed 50 days AF tonight with a mix of MWO,supportive friends, a great GP and yes..AA. I hated AA first time around, scared the shit out of me. I hated it 2nd time around too. Didn't help that everyone seemed to have a chain smoking habit but now that's banned in public places I seem to have settled into my third attempt at AA. I only do 1 to 2 meetings a week but it's enough to remind me why I am treading this path and why I want to stay sober. The moto's... a day at a time, keep coming back, it works if you work it and of course the serenity prayer are ingrained in me now... all are tools that fight this thing. I like my AA time now, and my new friends, certainly helps me anyway. xxx
                    Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

I went to AA

hi there..greeneyes.. good for you. i am so proud of you..:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :huggy
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I went to AA

great

You are doing so GREAT Greeneyes!! I am proud of you too..............w/ AA and MWO on my tool-belt, I hope to get alot of AF time also!!!:fingers: You can do it!!! YEAH!!!:clapclap:

Go Girl!!!:happy:

MA:h
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I went to AA

Greeneyes,

I had the same experience a week or so ago when I went BACK to AA. A room filled with caring people who did not condemn me for slipping, etc. Lots of phone numbers and genuine warmth.

We were on Chapter 1.

The trick is, one I had trouble with greatly the first time around, is to actually CALL those numbers when you have an urge to drink. The physical act of making the phone call, of talking to the person, the time involved will very often get you through the desire and craving. (I ended up calling Mags the other night but I feel so very comfortable with Mags!!) However, I do have some numbers and will use them if I truly need to.

I will also continue to attend AA in town once in a while. My group is a good group of varied people, various ages, professions, etc. I enjoy them, actually. Not a depressing group but a humorous group with a serious message.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I went to AA

Went to an aa meeting tonight, I felt comfortable being there, I have to get sober now
                            as my life is becoming such a mess.
                            Paula.

Comment

I went to AA

Paula,

I am so glad you went to AA tonight. :l

I am going to go to a meeting this weekend. Hubby finally understands how much they help me.

Love you, girl!! You can do this if I can because I am truly a mess.

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I went to AA

Paula and Cindi... we are NOT a mess. We are strong women who do no need to wallow in shame. but we are powerful people. We have it in our heart and soul. Reach there and grab it (your're gonna get tired of this...)snatch up those big girl pants and yank 'em on.
                                sigpic
                                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                                X