Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arrogant hubby

Hi everyone,

One of my huge triggers is my spouse! I have been married a long time 23 years and we have been drinking together the whole time. He gave our 401k to a meth addicted ass hole to be a business partner we saw nothing for over a year. He ended up taking over the business which is a good thing but now he is going back to the guy I didn't like b-4. My son said when he was 10 "mom why don't you divorce dad and marry a nice man" He doesn't want me getting my fingers in the business and he's being a little too secretive about how the business is doing. I am very smart and when I learn things I get very good at whatever I do! This is not acceptable to me and I'm tired of trying to hurt myself because I'm angry with him. My kids are almost getting ready to launch and right now I'm not working. I've always been dependant on him finacially and that is a trigger for me. I have always worked and / or gone to school. He lost his job about 8 yrs ago and finally realized he needed me and for the first time was humbled. Now he's back to acting like his family is a diseased appendage I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't tell your wife things like either the dog goes or I do (no ultimatums please) I can get sex from someone else, or If I didn't have a family I could do WHATEVER I WANT! Well right now I feel like I'm being phased out. He doesn't have a family right now and he can do whatever he wants, Half of the business is mine too and I have a right to know exactly whats going on. My past indescresion was due to this shit, I was seeking a nice man a rescuer and I found a psycho. OOPS:nutso: sorry for ranting just angry
    Anxious

When the heart cries for what it has lost the spirit sings for what it has found!

arrogant hubby

wow

sounds like you have it worse than me, I would MAKE his business my business!! I have been drinking w/ my hubby for 17 years, finally gave up (I hope!?) and he "says" he is going to go AF to "help" me.................at least I know he is not shady in what he does( I hope!)

Your kid sounds smart! Mine have said the same thing numerous times, when my hubby comes home hammered throwing a fit of sorts etc..........uch:

Hope it works out and don't worry about ranting and raving on this site, hope this support helps!?

Love ya!!:h :l

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

arrogant hubby

Anxious!
      :welcome: Rant on! Vent On! This is THE place to do it. Ranting/Venting might help you sort out what you want to do to work it all out! Support is what this site does very well! My wife would KILL if she did not know and agree with everything going on in our busines/personal finance world.
      Post often!
      Stay Strong!
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

arrogant hubby

Keep a journal and record everything he says to you.
        Copy and keep tax records.
        Keep working in your business.....let the insults roll off like water on a duck's back.....
        Things may get better when you start to take POSITIVE steps to improve your life.
        Forgive yourself for not being perfect....then try to find ways to not be bitter... It will eat you alive.
        Come here and vent anytime you want....it really helps to have a sounding board for your feelings.
        Nancy "Belle"
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

arrogant hubby

You sound like a wonderful and smart woman, Anxious. This guy is verbally abusing you and putting you in financial jeopardy as well. If you just want to vent, that's cool.

I'm just curious about why you're even bothering to stay with him. I would at least consult with a lawyer about your options and get educated about them. Even if you don't separate or divorce, you should have some rights legally about the business since you own part of it too. Don't let Mr. Bully keep you in the dark.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

:l :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

arrogant hubby

(((Anxious))))

You have been getting some great advice from here already. Yup, this place is great in that someone here has gone thru WHATEVER u can come up with and has some wisdom. You sound like one smart lady, with one smart son...........sticking one's head in the sand or hitting the bottle doesn't work forever, does it? Guess how I know? :l

Comment

arrogant hubby

Don't let his crap make you drink, I know easier said than done. I drink for the same reason. I'll be thinking of ya : )
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

arrogant hubby

That does not sound like a fun situation at all, please vent as often as needed!

I agree - stay here and keep trying to put down the bottle and use that good brain of yours to gain more of the business or plan for your financial independence. Sounds like you are ready to take all of these steps and you are determined and smart enough to do it. Go for it! You deserve to be happy and the wonderful people on this board will help give you strength when you need it.

Comment

arrogant hubby

You guys brought me to tears, thank you so much for listening to me and for your support. I have talked to a lawyer a couple actually, and its not in my best interest to leave as all our assets are in this business that is not netting what it should. I don't know how to say I need to be more involved with our business because he's being so weirdly evasive.

Love you guys:thanks:
                  Anxious

When the heart cries for what it has lost the spirit sings for what it has found!

Comment

Working...
                  X