my journal my journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my journal my journey

Have you made a list yet of why you do not drink? That helped me.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

my journal my journey

Garden Girl, don't miss ITV1 Monday Night "Mummy stop Drinking", about 3 mums who allow their children to record them drinking over a week. Janicexxx
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

my journal my journey

GG,
        It is so hard when we disappoint our children. My daughter was mad with me this week too. You can do this, we can do it together.

Comment

my journal my journey

Well this is day 10 of my journey and it has not been as good as I wanted or expected. I have sat down and really thought about where I am going wrong. DAy 7 an8 I did not drink but yesterday I did and I wasnt even stressed. I had a good day but it was day 3 again and I always struggle on day 3 yet last week I managed 4 days af.I am so fed up with it but still as detemined so here I go again trying to get to 7 days I will be so pleased with myself if I do. When you drink like I do I seem to be permenently detoxing, I never get to the point where I am actual feeling the benefits of not drinking. I know I need to go for a longer af stint to do that so here goes.

Onwards and upwards.

GG

Comment

my journal my journey

Keep trying and keep journaling how you feel. It really helps to write it down. I am blogging mine in the hope to stop very soon.
            My Way Out has worked for me :l

Addiction Freedom My Web Site

Comment

my journal my journey

Garden Girl, you'll get there, something will click, just keep trying.....and keep posting. Have you done anythimg about supplements yet?? They really do help with the cravings and will help to get you through those first few days. Its a personal thing I know, but I'm sure they will help you. Thinking of you......Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

my journal my journey

*edit*

Thank you this is a great read.
                Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You have set yourselves a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find joy in overcoming obstacles (Helen Keller)

Comment

Working...
                X