Lonely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonely

I am feeling all alone on this journey. I have tried to be supportive on this forum, but don't feel totally connected. What the heck is wrong with me?!
    Miss Layla

Lonely

Nothing! Sometimes we are all in our inner world. I am sorry you don't feel connected, how are you anyway? This was weird coming across this thread as I was going to ezibox you and ask how you are going on campral? It started off great for me then I felt it wasn't working. I just would like to hear your thoughts on it. Talk to you soon.
    Shas

Comment

Lonely

Hey Layla
      You are far from alone.
      Let us know what we can do, hon!
      HUGS!!!!!!
      Jen

Comment

Lonely

Many thanks Shas, and Jen! It's so nice to know that two people out there care about me. I have been so down, you have no idea how much your concern means to me. You two are the best. Your responses have helped me make it thru the last couple of days.
        Hugs,
        Layla

Comment

Lonely

lonely

Hi
          Im Frankie. Im new to all this too and hell yeah it does feel lonely. Im a single mum on top of all that too, so the nights are the worst. I found this site though and I found people to talk to in the same position as me, and I knew I didnt have to feel as lonely. If ever u wanna chat let me know and remember u may feel loney but, ur not alone x

Comment

Lonely

Sweetie...ya can't always read into an email a person's compassion and concern.

What do you need from us? How can we help you better? We want to be here for you. We CARE!

It sounds as though you and I may have a similiar problem of expessing our needs and desires to loved ones and then being resentful when those needs are not being fulfilled.

This might be a great opportunity for you to let me/ this community know how we can of better support to you, AND BE SPECIFIC TO WHAT THIS LOOKS LIKES. Here you are anonymous. Test the waters.

And.....I pray your not disappointed

xoxo

Comment

Lonely

Thanks Living in LA for reaching out to me.
              I'll e-mail you.
              Hugs,
              Layla

Comment

Lonely

Lonley

Hi Layla,

We all are here for each other. We each need different things at different times. Living in LA is right on. Reach out and let us know how we can help. You are right, sometimes it is lonely...that's where you have an awesome opportunity to fill your life with something you have always wanted to experience or do. I think about all of those wasted hours, days, weeks and years I "lived " in a fog. Now I have some clarity (day 13 on MWO). I find that I too have to be creative and use my time in more constructive ways and more meaningful ways. Like now, when I was drinking daily, I would never have taken the time to reach out to you. I was very into myself and my needs. Quite simply, I did not have the energy to expand myself. Now it's getting better. I actually have some energy to look to the future with great hope. I am looking forward to every day with optimism. I am choosing to live my life differently. We really do have choices. It is an amazing feeling. Try not to think about it too much, just do the action of making a choice. Like for me, sitting an talking to my daughter. Before I always needed to go, go, go. My evenings were so sickenly predictable. Me, myself and I and my best friend, Chardonnay. Now, I want to be different, I want to reach out at home, with friends, with co-workers, with all of you. I have found that listening to the CD's is helping in terms of enabling me to not allow those past negative thoughts to come into my brain. Don't feed the beast. That means, don't dwell on the past negative behavior, the past ugly situations. Fill your days with good things. Good works. Good thoughts. There will be less space for the negative to take up residence in your mind. Layla, we are here for you my friend. Please continue to reach out. We will be here!!

Big hug,

Deanie

Comment

Lonely

How are you doing today, MissLayla???

Comment

Working...
                  X