Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

I'm angry and tearful (still) I've just had my meeting with the drug and alcohol team, which started off ok but when she started taking my kids names and dob etc I began to realise that I was being put into 'the system' and will be classed as a 'problem' from now on. And if I'm really bad the social services can get involved!!

I feel horrible! I was breathalysed!! What's that all about??!! Felt like I'm some drunk on the pavement. I am helping MYSELF, I don't need them!! All I need is the stupid prescription 'cos I can't afford to buy campral every two weeks at ?70 a go.

Feel so alone, my husband knows and supports, but I can't help but feel so judged by him as well.

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

hi

I know that must be a real blow for you!! I also have children but dont drink much when they are around. If they were to breathalize me I would be horrified!!!

I am getting married in about 3 weeks to a man that really loves me, and I am very sure the same is true for you. Try not to see it as him judging you, unless he really is. He probably feels powerless, and that is hard for any man, as they usually want to protect, and feel it their responsibility. He probably also knows that it is you that must decide, even if out of respect. My fiance has asked me many times to stop drinking, and he has told me"you dont know how much I wish you didnt drink" I just wasnt ready. He is very happy that I now, because of this system feel empowered!! I told him, that this doesnt mean I will immediatly will be sucessful, and that I do wish to have wine or cocktails occasionally. He agrees with me, that it would be nice if we can taost at our wedding!! But not that I get typsy....lol I told him the truth, I probably will be a little bit typsy, as my body wont be used to it by then. But I promised it wont be a free for all!! I told you about this just so you know, one cannot control anothers actions, or impart thier knowledge,not with this. He probably only hopes that this will work... As far as your children are concearned, you are on the path to heal. I have had other issues with social services, or child protective srvices, and by law (though this was in the states) they know that unless you are a lunatic, or truly a bad parent, that children belong with thier parents, that no foster parent can give what you do. In the states,, even if children are taken away, the plan has to be to reunite the family, by law. You have taken the first step, that of recovery. Dont be scared, this too shall pass.

Keep the faith!!

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

CLAIRELOU

DEAR CLAIRELOU

YOU CAN ORDER TOPA FROM MAGELLANRX IN THE UK.
      I AM IN THE USA AND I GOT IT FROM THEM. NOT TO EXPENSIVE . I AM ON WEEK 2 AND IT IS FANTASTIC
      GOOD LUCK

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

Claire;

Where were you that your children's names and date of births were documented? What will the info be used for? If you're trying to get outside help, why would anybody be so cruel?

I don't like when people involve our kids. That's another reason I didn't feel comfortable at AA meetings..I attended one meeting when it was suggested that I talk to my child and explain "MOMMY IS AN ALCOHOLIC".. I was devastated. I came home and got on MWO immediately..I talked to Gina, Marcie and several other women here, and they felt the same way I did...I slacked off from AA and just continued to get stronger through MWO..(Thanks to RJ for some of her personal advice to me)..

My prayers and thoughts are with you, very strongly!
        Brandy

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

No wonder you are upset. I have not heard of such a thing. I wonder what others have experienced. A Breathalizer? In an office with no reason to do so? Confusing to me. Like Brandy said...what would be the purpose? I'm sorry for your experience. Just remember it is not a reflection of you. It is their process or whatever....and I think they need a new one.

Maggie

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

How humiliating and demeaning, Claire. But I think it is true, that it is just their system and not take it personally. Hope that your BAC was 0.0 or very low. I hope they will be able to help you with the campral.

Take care and hang in there! Maybe compassion will someday be the PRIMARY rule!

Hugs,
            Kathy:d

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

hiya

I bet you are angry and I would be too. like you said you are just going through this process because you want to improve your life. You wont get penalised for that. Dont worry about them taking the kids' names - they're only doing their job. Im sure your kids are so well cared for, at school etc that you have nothing to fear if social services ever did come knocking. Just smile and invite em in and keep ya chin up girl. Youre on the right path, not the wrong one

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

Re: hiya

Ok, I'm feeling better today. I spoke to my Doctor yesterday and told him that I was a bit naffed off with the way I was treated and he said he was sorry that I was upset and it was just protocol but even he was baffled by the breathalysing! The nurse phoned me and said that the other doctor said it was ok for me to have Campral and I had to be allocated a case worker (!!??) and then I would get my prescription. So that's a positive thing to come out of a difficult day.

I'm working so hard on boosting my low self esteem that yesterday seemed to put me back a few weeks, but speaking to my doctor helped, he really is a sweet guy and makes me feel equal and important.

I'm worried that I may have put people off going to the doctors, it was hard but worth it in the end. Alcohol addiction has such stigma and it shouldn't have.

I have started a brilliant book called 'The Sugar Addicts Totally Recovery Book' You can get it from Amazon.co.uk (and .com I should think) Although I bought it to help me with my sugar problem, it explains how sugar and alcohol addiction are completely linked.

Comment

Grrrrrrrrr! Sob!

Hiya Clairlou, i was questioned about my kids aswell...It felt really uncomfortable. I felt guilty and i had done nothing wrong....
                  I can see they're side though...In some cases Alcahol = Violence.....
                  I think its worth me feeling uncomfortable for 5 mins so that some children can benefit.
                  DAT are just doing they're job.

P.S. Good luck
                  LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
                  IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Working...
                  X