Everyone but me drives like an idiot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I look at a new MWO member?s post and read their story. I sympathize and I post a response welcoming them to the site and offer some kind and encouraging words. Then I get in my car and drive to meet a new friend. As I drive along the highway I yell at the other drivers with authority. ?You Idiots!? I have no sympathy for them and I am darn sure that they all just learned to drive yesterday.
    But all of the sudden I think and start to take note of my behavior. How do I know that I am not gunning it around another MWO member? And for that matter what makes me more sympathetic to a bunch of drunks trying to sober up than to other people with a myriad of potential problems. All those people out there driving to wherever they are going are each, just trying to get by in the world, just like me. Trying to make the most of the good times and just get through the bad times the best that they can.
    So, I have no right to go to a MWO post and sympathize with a newbie and then call another perfect stranger an idiot because they don?t use their turn signal. Maybe they are caught up in thought just like me. Maybe they are thinking about how they are going to stop smoking. Maybe they are trying to figure out how to beat cancer. Who knows? But as a fellow MWOer and I discussed just recently, in person, mind you: ?We all have something?.

As I ponder this I realize that I am running late. I downshift to 3rd, and gun it around a little slug-bug (license plate ?AF30D?).

good to have you back Croft!!

Janicexx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Youre dead right there Croft! But I sooo know what you mean...It is funny how we are all so quick to curse other drivers who make a mistake ...but in other situations, we are ready with forgiveness and understanding.....you have made me think......Bella xx

Comment

I love the way you think!

Comment

The timing of this post is very ironic. This morning, while driving my kids to school, a white van in front of me wasn't turning on the green arrow. My son yelled "Make the turn already ya idiot! We don't have all day!" I was shocked - and then embarrassed that he has surely heard that somewhere before. :blush:

You're right though, Croft, maybe the man behind the wheel had bigger issues he was thinking about.

Comment

As usual i loved your post, keep on posting !!!

Comment

It is interesting the signs we see when we open our eyes. I was driving behind a van that was for "Integrity Communications"> I think they were there just for me!
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Croft, Your right, sometimes we need to stop and think what others might be going through. I could'nt help but think of George Carlin once said. "Did you ever notice that everyone thats driving slower that you is an a**hole, and anyone driving faster than you is a real a**hole. " Like we're the judge of all thats perfect. Can't help it sometimes, like when I drive past someones house with tacky lawn decorations I'd say, "what hell were they thinking." I'll try to be more open mined. thanks

Comment

Hey Croft,
                  Some of those drivers really do stupid things, though. I'm good at staying calm, not reacting, but they still bug me. I'm talking about the two drivers on Main St. in my small town yesterday when I was out. The just kept driving slowly wherever they wanted forcing the rest of us to stop. Cutting through traffic, ignoring pedestrians, all that. I kinda think they drive like that because they know they can. Maybe it is just another kind of risky lifestyle, like drinking too much.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Vegas - Huh?

Croft - haven't seen you around for awhile - I like the photo from Vegas - the sunshine was good for you! :H The thoughts are provoking (as usual) I hope you don't stop posting and making us think. You really are a great asset here lady. Are you going to do a Post - Hypno update for us - or a "to keep using supplements" or "to dis-continue using supplements" thread for all of us who started "using" at about the same time? I've been watching for some great Croft insight. Lets hear your thoughts! I am a little dopa on the topa these days but happy and swinging in the palm trees instead of in the ham-huck now!

When I drive down the highway of life - I'll reflect on these thoughts - seriously - cuz I'm the one in the wal-mart line thinking - I know you have more than 20 items in that cart. I'm changing. Slowly ... Thanks to great people like you
                    liv
                    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

I have to admit I hate the whole world when I get behind the wheel. I don't give one single damn what someone may be going through when they're going slow in the fast lane. On the very rare occasion someone looks like they want to drive faster than me, I always, without exception, get over and let them by. I try to show common courtesy to my fellow drivers, but this town is the uber-douchebag driver capitol of the world. Most people know when they did you wrong, too. They won't even look over when I finally catch them so I can make eye contact while flipping them off. Then someof them that do make eye contact want to get outta their car or whatever, but they always jump back in b4 you can get your hands on them. These sorts of things give me anger issues. i can't be the only one either.

Of course when not driving I agree wholeheartedly that we should try to consider what others may be going through.

Comment

I used to get a aggravated with other people's driving "skills." It took me a long time to calm down and just let it go. It feels so good to just let someone in in front of me. That's when I'm driving around town. You get me on the interstate, I'm not quite as nice as I drive rather fast. Like "get out of the fast lane, jerk." I'm still working on that one. And eventually I'll get there with them too.

My husband is always yelling at bad drivers and I usually tell him that maybe they are lost, or old, or just plain stupid. They aren't out to get him. He doesn't get it. I do.

Nice post Croft........good to see you again. I missed you.
                        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Croft: I am fully aware that I, ME, ME.. am the only decent driver on the road. Now, if only everyone else would follow this theory, things would be fine ....
                          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Croft, I say keep cursing them. There are some REALLY bad drivers out there - don't care what is going on with them. They are driving around in a killer machine that could potentially put you in the hospital, or worse. I am a chronic rage driver, although I keep my distance from everyone around me - defensive, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                            X