WOW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!

good luck, lefty. i agree about the 2or3 day start. you must have at least some control over your own mind before their program itinerary. i'll be watching and learning also.
    I'M A GOOD PERSON AND YOU ALSO; ALCOHOL STEALS THAT GOOD FROM US. FOCUS.:goodjob:

Comment

WOW!!

Lillyatter, I guess I went to a more traditional sort of rehab. We had meetings with everyone attending in the morning after breakfast and evening after dinner. Then we had group sessions and individual sessions with a psychiatrist. It was about half alcoholics and the other half consisted of anorexics, suicide risks, a couple of multiple personalities a few drug addicts, and some "professional" rehabbers. These are the people who go from rehab to rehab because they like the attention. They're very nice but tend to get booted out rather soon. The group sessions were decided according to your problem. They kept you very busy, all day, until dinner. I enjoyed every minute. I'm very much an observer and watching and listening to the other people was very interesting.

I'm starting to realize that rehab is probably very different nowadays from when I went. But I wouldn't think the basic principle is any different. It was all about your attitude....that decided if you got the help you needed. Some people just stayed in their rooms. Why you would want to do that is beyond me.

Again, it wasn't scary to me because I knew I needed the help. It was the right time at the right place...for me. It was something I looked forward to and I got a lot out of it.

The above is not a paid infomertial!
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

WOW!!

Hey Lefty,
        I too hope that you skip the "blowout"!

Not trying to confuse you but have you heard of Rhonda Lenair? A few people here have had remarkable results with doing her treatment. She too is very different from other programs. You might want to check her out!

Best of Luck!
        KH
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

WOW!!

Thank you Noelle!

Sounds nice .I would love to get away ANYWHERE for 2 weeks,that's all I know.You hear such horrid stories sometimes about rehab centers (unless of course you have the monet to go to Promises in MAlibu,:H)....It would be really nice to think that you could go somewhere that you are jkust taken great care of while you heal and not for a whole 30 days!I have 2 kids,I just can't imagine...I on't know how parents can do that?I guess you work it out if you have to,but I am just not at that point.But I certainly could and would figure out a 2 week stint somewhere.I wonder if there is anyplace that is like Shick Shadel thatr is not $20 th???Dang that's a lot of money!!!I even went to the Deepak Chopra center a couple of years ago,just to get away,meditate,have peace and quiet,just take care of ME...boy that did me a lot of good.I was sure not drinking like I am now back then!Too bad they don't add an alcohol aversion session to their program,it was only $2000!Sigh...Well,thanks again for your reply,Noelle,good luck to you!Hope see you around,sweetie :l!
          :thanks:
          :lRebecca

Comment

Working...
          X