ODAT Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT Monday

Starting today's thread but feel that I need to treat my sobriety differently this time, ie as longterm and not ODAT. It just doesn't work for me, it messes with my brain, telling me "thats okay but you can have a drink tomorrow!!". Feels funny cause this forum, this thread - originally newbies in need - has been "home" for me since I joined last year. Still will pop over and post but probs won't start it off now.

Good luck ODATers!!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

ODAT Monday

good morning!

Janice I find that not worrying or thinking about tomorrow AT ALL helps me do this thing ODAT.............sorry it is not working for you, maybe a written or typed out "pledge" to stay AF would work for you..........I saw that in "HOW TO STOP DRINKING WITHOUT AA" and tried it, but that didn't work for me, everything works differently for each of us though, you may want to try something like that??:ey:

Sorry I missed everything here this weekend, what a positive vibe I am getting this morning here!!!:thumbysup:

Everyone have a WONDERFUL day, whether you want to go AF or mods. whatever your goal I hope you reach it!!!

Lots of love,:h:l

Missed you guys!!!

MA
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hi everyone, just popping in before work - hope to check in again later today - it's a busy one for me.

Hope everyone had a great weekend - I am looking forward to an AF week - that's my goal, get some 0's in that drink tracker.

Take care everyone,
      Love and Hugs,
      Uni
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

ODAT Monday

Hello ODATers!!

I want the long term AF, too, but seem to have to break it up into small chunks.

So, ODAT works for me as well as long term.

Hope all have a sober wonderful day!!

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT Monday

Happy Monday everyone. Funny, I love Mondays, because it always seems like a fresh start to the week. Last week I did ONE WEEK AF. Thats a great record for me, but then on Saturday, I blew it, and back at square one. I have non drinking family visiting for 10 days. I cannot drink around them, so I have a great shot at staying sober a good long while from now on. Funny I come from such a sober family. Have a great day everyone meeting your goals!
          I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

ODAT Monday

AF for me, thats for god damn sure! worked too damn hard to get this far. Could not think it could be done, but so far so good. I'm with you guys.......AF....ODAT. :welcome:

~ripple~

Comment

ODAT Monday

It has occured to me that it is One Day At a time for all of us! Each day ALice (or AL) is out there..waiting..we need the internal fortitude to turn her (or him) way. Just my thought..
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

ODAT Monday

Good day all, ODAT for me as well. Only way I don't obsess. Like Cindi said "break it up into small chunks. I'm aiming for an AF week as well. Overit2007, your never back at square one, just a bump in the road of you sucess. Cowgal, hope your doing well, I feel the positive vibes as well and it feels great ! Have a good one all.

Comment

ODAT Monday

hi all, checking in , feeling positive about today !! to all of you, have a happy Monday
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                  X