trembling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trembling

How long can I expect this to last? My writing is like chicken scratch and takes twice as long but you can hear it in my voice. At least I can. I am stressed to the max over my work pile, and acouple other situations. Could some of that be anxiety? In which case it'll last until I dig out of the black hole aka my office. If that be the case, I may consider meds. (It's a very big hole) But I need to be clear headed. AND I have an addictive personality so I have to be very careful. I would be willing to go to my doc (you know how I am about med records) because I can blame it on stress from my dad's stroke and dealing with his affairs. Any thoghts suggestions? I know about deep breathing it's beyond that but I don't think we're talking DTs. I know your going to ask when did you last drink. Yesterday. Not to no memory, but a pretty good buzz and quit early evening. Sorry, and sorry this is such a ling read.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

trembling

Greeneyes,

I get the trembles every time I drink and sober up, even if it is just a one day occurrence. Which is why Chief says "It is easier to quit once than to keep quitting....." :bang

So, it could be anxiety or it could simply be AW.

I worry about the anti-anxiety meds, too. Don't want to swap one for the other but if you have a good GP, he/she won't give you enough to let you get hooked.

Make sure you are taking vitamins, B's especially.

Love and luck to you,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

trembling

Green - it sounds to me like a bit of both - withdrawal tremors as well as anxiety. I have dealt with them both before and it can feel like you are incredibly overwhelmed and it just makes any withdrawal symptoms worse.

Drink a ton of water, go for a walk, take a 5 minute mental break outside of your office.

Hope you feel better real soon....
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

trembling

Greenie, I have no idea...

Here's one thought: perhaps the elastic in your big girl pants is digging into your pierced belly button?
        The chafing can get really bad if you aren't careful.... do you need to get a different pair of big girl pants? :farmer:

Take care, girl. Part of this can be mind over matter- if you don't mind, it don't matter, okay? Look at the office mess in "CHUNKS", and deal with one little pile at a time... get the shredder out and feed THAT monster.... :cheering... one chunk at a time!

Cindi, I love Don's quotes... they are so succinct but impactful.
        Greenie, listen to Cindi and Don.

Much love :heart:

Patty
        Tampa, FL

Comment

trembling

Hi Greene,
          Trembling is often the result of drinking and anxiety is a part of life, even for healthy people. Remember, in the past you have used alcohol as a way to "self medicate" to get through. But, in the end, the problems are still the same, the next day.

You know, I think that we have become a society of seeking a pill for everything! We want a pill to loose weight, a pill to feel good, a pill to go to sleep a pill to wake up and the list goes on forever! If in fact, we do have biochemical disorders, and medication can help, then we need to seek medical advice and intervention. But we can learn how to live life without medication.

Taking B vitamins on a regular basis really helps to alieve anxiety. Calms forte or rescue remedy helps. Exercise helps, cutting down on caffiene helps. First and formost, not drinking helps in the long run! It also helps to understand that any job can get done, one step at a time.

Greene, you have been doing well, but life does not become bliss after a few days AF. Life is still live including all the challenges. But, over time, without self medicating, life becomes easier and more joyful!

Feel Better!
          xxKateH
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

trembling

I certainly don't want to explain how I know I have an addictive personality. When my mom died I got ativan from him (at his suggestion because I was having insomnia) and said I only wanted 2 weeks worth and no refills. The insomnia was most certainly stress related but I didn't mention the scotch. He didn't ask. But It's not ativan I seek. My sleep is fair. I think the CDs help. I seek suggestions on peoples' experience with what particular med. they used. Effectiveness, brain fog, etc. And I mean short term!
            sigpic

Comment

trembling

Smiley Toes: What Patty said!

Comment

trembling

hey greeneyes sorry you are not doing well. B vitamins, also vitamin C and gabba 1000mg helps.
                I also would suggest maybe stepping away from the black hole. The black hole seems to be a trigger for you, I understand how messes can make one sick with anxiety, I have that problem.

hope this helps. you know it will pass soon.

trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

trembling

Kate to the rescue! I have rescue remedy in my posession! I also have pasion flower. I was too wierded out this AM to thisk of those. I mean it took two hands to drink my smoothie and try not to throw up. I need my water bottle with RR drops in it.
                  sigpic

Comment

trembling

It's our livelyhood I CAN'T step away. That's what got me in this mess in the first place.
                    sigpic

Comment

trembling

Hey Greeney,

Calms Forte and GABA help me alot when I am feeling stressed and anxious.

Just remember one step, one day at a time. You can do this!

Take care.
                      Hugs, Bambi
                      "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

trembling

Patty & Croft ,I know. Mags told me how to do that. It's just massive but I am trying.I have past due bills that I don't even know about because I haven't opened the mail. OK no whining. I'm jumping off hubby went to get salad for lunch. and I need to not be on here instead of working. Will check back later. Thanks for suggestions. I caught him on phone and he's beinging rescue remedy and passion flower to me. Maybe I can get by on that. Remids me to put that subliminal CD in. Gosh it takes me so long to do anything in this state. I type about a word a minute and writing is worse.
                        sigpic

Comment

trembling

Greenie, I feel the same type of anxiety when I check my bank balance on line. The minute I log on, I feel like I'm going to discover that I've overdrawn my account, my credit card is maxed out, and that I'm operating in the red. This rarely actually happens, and logically, I know that if I haven't spent it, it's not gone, but I still feel an overwhelming, unfounded anxiety when I log on.

Okay, stay off of this site, because you are using it as a welcome distraction, aren't you? I do the same thing.

You aren't alone with the business anxiety. Just open up all of those flipping envelopes and file through them. Sort them from oldest to newest. Then, organize within that pile....
                          Which ones MUST be paid fully,
                          which ones need to get a partial payment,
                          which ones can wait another 30 days?

For the ones that you can only partial pay.... first, can you "prepare a script" that you can use, and then call the companies. Find out what the minimum amount they would find acceptable for the past due amount. Considering that you are being honest that you're making a partial payment, companies WILL work with you to get their money! Then, follow up with a letter:

Dear XXXX,
                          I wanted to follow up with my conversation today with (Mary) concerning account (123-45-678). With the change in the economy and the downturn in business, it is not possible to make this payment due in full. I will not be able to remit the complete payment of $XXX.XX which is due on March 15th; however, I am able to submit a partial payment of $xx.xx.

As you know, I've been a loyal customer to you for (10) years. Within this time, I have rarely fallen behind in remitting payments. Please understand that this is a temporary situation, and I am currently re-vamping my business model. It may be unusual, but I'm asking for your patience as I make these changes.

I intend to send another payment of $xx.xx by March 31st, with the intention of being current on future transactions by April 15th. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Greeneyes' man.

:l

Patty
                          Tampa, FL

Comment

trembling

Great, Patty, Thanks. Will cut and paste that to word. Appreciate it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X