This is it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is it !

Started back on the topas todays after some sound advice from here and still taking the Kuduz and made my plan of what I plan to do. And really feel like this is it just keep trying to relax and think this is it all that s*** is behind me this is going to work I don't have to go through all tht again. And my guy just called up and said we are going out to dinner with his friends on Saturday night I have only met them once before briefly. Now usually that would set me in a panic !!! panicing about how much i would end up drinking what i would say do etc, but do you know what I am not . as THIS IS IT , no messing this time I will have a plan I will handle Saturday night , I will handle the drink not it handle me ! with the help of everybody on here the meds suppss etc ( ok not entirely me ) and I will not wake up sunday morning sick to every part of me feeling ashamed and guilty. Hoping for some real good news mid next week, will share with all when it arrives.

This is it !

Daisy-doo ... you can do it !!

I am not very extroverted (I know that is hard to believe on here) and I, too, have often used "liquid courage." Believe in yourself and your abilities/traits as a great person/conversationalist. The rest will come naturally to enlighten those who are worth your presence.

- Masq
    Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
    :wings: :huggy

Comment

This is it !

thank you masq. funnily enough I am very outgoing and don't need a drink to feel confident, just like the taste of the wreched stuff and not got off button in my mad head , but done with all that got to much to loose so sticking with this and if the topas make me a bit dopey or muddle my words they won't notice cause they don't know me and just upped some meds from the doctors so will blame it on that . For every probem there is a soloution, you just need to know where to look for it ,x x

Comment

This is it !

good for you for making your claim!

Wishing the best!

Those darn "going out to dinner" events are really tough.

Comment

This is it !

Hi Daisy! I had wondered where you were, saw you weren't on the boards for a while. YAY! THIS IS IT!!!
          :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

This is it !

Hey daisy-doo! Sounds like you've got a handle on how to handle it. Good for you! :yougo:
            ~K.

Comment

This is it !

Keep repeating those confident words - attitude does matter.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

This is it !

thanks all for your support day 3 af day 2 topas . Nice to hear from you all can't wait to read your vegas aventure ale croft just know it willmake excellant reading and have me howlong with laughter ! and dex that dancing cat what a dude ! lol. Also had my HRT upped by my doctor recently so I will rattle when I walk all the meds I am on but better than stumbling like i do when drunk !!!! sorrylike I did ! done with all that , its MArch and I am done with all that madness !!

Comment

This is it !

sorry one more thing then got to get ready for work . I usually dread going out to dinner the internal argument about drinking but this time I amlooking forward to it because its not an issue . I am not going to drink I realised the other day for years I have been praying for help with my problem and then i realised the one thing god ( sorry to get religious but i do believe this bit) gave us all is free will and there is the answer to my pray I have the free will to refuse a drink so I am just going to use the free will ( and the meds you guys etc) and rid myself of this demon , its not riding my back tunting me tempting snearing and laughing at me when I surcome, that blessed beasted can bog off, I am going to use my free will to be free and live my life from under my cloud of fear shame guilt and a thousand other negatives that drinking brings !! blime hatsmade me feel better lol x

Comment

This is it !

Good for you Daisy-doo you have the right attitude to combat and beat this demon, combined with the support of faith, all the tools that you could use you are using, and a plan, that is the most important part, to KNOW you will not drink. I know we will read that you did great on Saturday night. Way to go!!
                    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

This is it !

Hey daisy great positive mental attitude you have there and thinking ahead and having a plan in place is always in my eyes the best idea.

Best of luck to you

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
                      X