What's this liver cleansing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read where you should do this once per year? Anyone got a suggestion on how to do this an easy way?

I looked for something from the health store. I probably need a double dose!

Hi steer!

I don't think there is an 'easy' way as can also be said of our ways to combat our drinking. There are many methods you can choose from but looking on the net I think a detoxification diet seems the most popular. I have to see my doctor on Thursday over continuing high results over my liver function so I'm actually in the process myself of looking further into a detox. If you google 'liver cleansing' you will find many links to offer advise and information on diets.

Sorry I can't be of more help as this is new to me as well and something I have only been considering over the past few days. I'm still reading and googling at present myself. There should surely be someone here who has done this before and able to offer you/me more personal advise.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hi Steer. Ironically, I am in the process of doing a "cleansing". I was at the health food store, and I saw a "cleansing" product. I asked one of the sales people about it and decided to try it. From what I understand, most "cleanses" are basically a bunch of herbs that stimulate your organs, such as liver, lungs, ect.. to naturally detox themselves. I was given two botttles, one set of pills to take at night, and one set of pills to take in the morning first thing when you wake up. I've been doing it, (and not drinking much due to doing something healthy). Basically this is supposed to stimulate your digestive system as well, Clean your insides out so to say. Im no healthy expert type person, but I figure anything healthy is worth a shot. Give it a try, it certainly cannot hurt if you get the all natural one. Just ask the health sales professional which one is good for you. Good luck!
      I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

I always wanted to try the cleansing but was afraid of getting......uh,,,,the runs. Does that happen?
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

there are many ways to cleanse your liver and internal organs.
          the best way to do this is to try a macrobiotic diet.
          the master cleanse also works but it's a lot of work, since you cannot eat.
          be very careful of products sold on the internet.

also a liver cleanse can cause a lot of side effects. similar to withdrawal from AL and drugs.
          yes you can end up with headaches, nausea, the runs, sweats, stinky breath, dizziness,stinky body odor and even mood swings.

Juice cleanses are the best in my experience.

Good luck
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

You might want to check out www.liverdoctor.com I think it is a sensible cleansing diet.
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

The View had something on this today. There are pills you can take now to "detox" your whole body....just make sure you are taking fiber with it also. The fiber will bond to the detox crap and away it goes.

I would love to look into these "detox pills" more but am afraid since I am still taking alot of supps with the MWO program.

More info on this is welcome!
              "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
              X